Florida "stand yo groun' ---update..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
    My ONLY perception is folk should stop worrying about whoever parks in a handicap unless they are LEO and mind their own business.
    I agree that a handicapped parking spot isnt worth killing somebody over. But where do you draw the line on watching somebody actively breaking the law?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      I agree that a handicapped parking spot isnt worth killing somebody over. But where do you draw the line on watching somebody actively breaking the law?
      This is a tough question - liability has changed things tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        That's where common sense comes into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          That's where common sense comes into play.
          Unfortunately, commonsense ain't so common anymore.

Comment

I guess they should shut down neighborhood watch and citizen on patrol programs as well. We should all just look away as we see people break the law. Cause that would make us wanna be cops. So when you see people shop lifting, driving drunk, breaking into a house or car just mind your own business and move along.

Or IMO it is a better idea to not put your hands on someone because you might get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              I guess they should shut down neighborhood watch and citizen on patrol programs as well. We should all just look away as we see people break the law. Cause that would make us wanna be cops. So when you see people shop lifting, driving drunk, breaking into a house or car just mind your own business and move along.

Or IMO it is a better idea to not put your hands on someone because you might get shot.
              So you see parking in a handicap spot the same as shop lifting or driving drunk or a break in?

Comment

In all of your examples above you should contact the appropriate authorities. Monitor the situation from a distance until authorities arrive.

Non the the examples you provided nor the bitching at someone in a handicap parking spot is worth the confrontation that could arise.

Pretty simple concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  In all of your examples above you should contact the appropriate authorities. Monitor the situation from a distance until authorities arrive.

Non the the examples you provided nor the bitching at someone in a handicap parking spot is worth the confrontation that could arise.

Pretty simple concept.

In your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    So you see parking in a handicap spot the same as shop lifting or driving drunk or a break in?
                    Nope, are any two crimes the same?

In my mind and yes i understand this maybe only in my mind.

I feel like we need to stop looking the other way. Parking in a handicap space is upsetting for me. I have friends and family both young and old that really need those close easy access spaces. Using the space causes them more pain or ties up their time circling in the parking lot waiting. I am sick or rude people that feel entitled to do what ever they want. What is next, stepping in front of the disabled person in line to check out?

The problem is not confronting someone doing something wrong. The problem is attacking someone and thinking it is ok.

Comment

We have made lawyers rich and criminals empowered because of " liability ". Some police dept are going to stop perusing anyone who runs because it is not safe for the criminal. I guess we should all just look the other way and mind our own business no matter what is going on because we are scared of a confrontation.

The thugs already won!

Comment

Nope, are any two crimes the same?

In my mind and yes i understand this maybe only in my mind.

I feel like we need to stop looking the other way. Parking in a handicap space is upsetting for me. I have friends and family both young and old that really need those close easy access spaces. Using the space causes them more pain or ties up their time circling in the parking lot waiting. I am sick or rude people that feel entitled to do what ever they want. What is next, stepping in front of the disabled person in line to check out?

The problem is not confronting someone doing something wrong. The problem is attacking someone and thinking it is ok.
                        Where I see the difference is I believe there are ways to confront situations. Bickering and yelling at someone for parking incorrectly is not the same as trying to thwart a theft or helping an innocent bystander.

I also see why the man attacked the other man and think he was absolutely wrong as well. You should not go up to someone and shove them just for yelling at a female companion. You can de-escalate the situation, and live another day without the shove.

That being said, the price for a shove, should not be death. Especially when there was no attempt to beat or continue the threat of violence.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                          Where I see the difference is I believe there are ways to confront situations. Bickering and yelling at someone for parking incorrectly is not the same as trying to thwart a theft or helping an innocent bystander.

I also see why the man attacked the other man and think he was absolutely wrong as well. You should not go up to someone and shove them just for yelling at a female companion. You can de-escalate the situation, and live another day without the shove.

That being said, the price for a shove, should not be death. Especially when there was no attempt to beat or continue the threat of violence.
                          So what should be the alternative to you walking out the grocery store and some thug who is a foot taller and 100lbs heavier than your wife barking at her nose to nose?

You'd channel your inner Deepak Chopra and become the Dali Lama to diffuse the situation?

Comment

We have made lawyers rich and criminals empowered because of " liability ". Some police dept are going to stop perusing anyone who runs because it is not safe for the criminal. I guess we should all just look the other way and mind our own business no matter what is going on because we are scared of a confrontation.

The thugs already won!
                            My wife has sat in the NO PARKING FIRE LANE while waiting for me to run in a store for a few seconds.
                            That fire lane ticket is more than a handicap space one.

So a thug is privileged to bark at my wife for being double parked in a fire lane when this guy comes up?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              My wife has sat in the NO PARKING FIRE LANE while waiting for me to run in a store for a few seconds.
                              That fire lane ticket is more than a handicap space one.

So a thug is privileged to bark at my wife for being double parked in a fire lane when this guy comes up?
                              I did not say that at all. That is a fire lane. If there was a fire she could of moved.

I mean if it is no big deal why did you just not park in a handicap spot? Hell why dont we just do away with them?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                                So what should be the alternative to you walking out the grocery store and some thug who is a foot taller and 100lbs heavier than your wife barking at her nose to nose?

You'd channel your inner Deepak Chopra and become the Dali Lama to diffuse the situation?

If a man was arguing with my wife I would tell him it in his best interest to give up and walk away. As she is always right.

Besides she is a big girl. They are words. I would not assault the guy. I am smarter than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X