Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    Your work looks great, but now the bedrooms for the kids have shrunk to 9x9 without windows? Man, I think that will prove to be very tight and, as mentioned, windows are mandatory. Just getting on record so I can say I told him so.
    Nothing to get on record. This is the country life. If you can fit a bed, dresser and nightstand then your good. What do they need more room for? Video games? My kids rooms are 10x10. Plenty room. They belong outside and family time is done in the living room. We are a tight family and I wouldn't change a thing.

Again this is a budget home build and if people don't like the layout then so be it. Not for everyone. Give me a small house on acreage and I will enjoy life and be thankful for what God gave me.

Comment

You could even put them in the corner where the closet door swings out. Likely wouldn't have much on the wall there anyways and wouldn't really inhibit the layout of the furniture in the room.

Not piling on just offering up an idea! Really looking forward to following along and the outcome of this project!

Comment

Evening project for next couple days! Floor joist material and mending plates.

Went with 2x8s. Not a huge house and post were spaced out tight so shouldn't be an issue.

Normally I would buy a floor kit with I-Joist.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
          You could even put them in the corner where the closet door swings out. Likely wouldn't have much on the wall there anyways and wouldn't really inhibit the layout of the furniture in the room.

Not piling on just offering up an idea! Really looking forward to following along and the outcome of this project!
          This is what we will probably do.

Comment

Halfway there. Other side will take longer having to cut and mend.

Joist layed out every 16".
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Jason! You could always make trap doors under the beds for emergency evacuation instead of windows. Make everyone happy.[emoji12]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

WoooooW
                And I'm thinking about smashing 3 hicube boxes together to make a 24x40 place.

I'm in for this.

I have 12 acres of pine trees next to this home site and am thinking of getting a harbor freight mill to make all my own lumber.

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Will be following this looking good.

Comment

Heck looks like sub floor tomorrow! Time to get a general or electric turned on over here. Could have really used a framing nailer. Couple warped boards but they will settle once weight gets put on them. Not going to worry about mending plates either. Plenty overlap in center and board lined up perfectly on center beam for support.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking great brother!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever I can acquire a place I will need some pointers--your building skills are incredible

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                          Looking great brother!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever I can acquire a place I will need some pointers--your building skills are incredible
                          Thanks buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                            Looking good Jason! You could always make trap doors under the beds for emergency evacuation instead of windows. Make everyone happy.[emoji12]

High enough all the ground! Lol

Windows was a good suggestion. It took someone else mentioning it to be considered.

Comment

Yessir! Hopefully they'll never be needed, but it should would be nice to have in an emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                                Heck looks like sub floor tomorrow! Time to get a general or electric turned on over here. Could have really used a framing nailer. Couple warped boards but they will settle once weight gets put on them. Not going to worry about mending plates either. Plenty overlap in center and board lined up perfectly on center beam for support.

Looking good.
                                Can you keep a rolling itemized cost sheet for those of us interested in following in your footsteps?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X