Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you pratice with your bow quiver on the bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you pratice with your bow quiver on the bow?

Caveat here is that I love my Bear 8 arrow quiver on my Bear bow. It just...... fits. It's currently holding 8 arrows with broadheads, old Bear razoheads, new foam and as quiet as I can make it. The bow with the quiver attached cants nicely and is balanced in my hand. It comes up easily and feels great but it takes a tad more control and concentration to get to full draw and loose that shaft to make it hit where I want it. To be honest I shoot better without it on the bow, much better in fact. The thing is this. I plan to hunt with the quiver attached, to stalk hunt with it. So I leave it on the bow full of shafts and shoot my practice arrows with it such filled. I fear that I'm fighting the quiver and I don't want to shoot without it. Honestly with that quiver on the bow I force myself to slow down and control each shot. I think it makes me more aware of what I'm doing but dang it I'm much more accurate without it.

Do you guys practice with a bow quiver that you plan to hunt with or without?

I do not practice or hunt with the quiver on. If I did leave it on while hunting I would practice with it on.

Comment

It is why, after 40 years of bow quivers, that I finally said no more. On, off, which one. If it's off then it must be easy off and on. I have carried a side quiver slung over my shoulder for the last 20 years and will never go back.

Comment

On with my recurve.

It's the only way I shoot, or hunt with it.

With longbows I generally use a back, or sling style quiver.

Rick

Comment

No quiver

Comment

I practice, shoot 3D, and hunt with quiver on. If you want to hunt with it on, practice with it on. Also remember to tune with it on. I like the extra weight, it helps keep my bow arm steady.

Comment

If you hunt with a quiver on the bow, then practice with a quiver on the bow. I don’t use a bow quiver. Just does not feel right to me. It’s all personal preference, but you need to practice with the bow set up just same as it will be when you hunt!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I actually never have my quiver on my bow.....Hunting out of a Krivoman blind I have somewhere to keep it out of the weather, but I understand your dilemma for stalking. Maybe get a backpack or a over the shoulder quiver?

Comment

yes, I practice and hunt with my quiver attached

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    I do not practice or hunt with the quiver on. If I did leave it on while hunting I would practice with it on.
                    This

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

With a compound I used Tightspot quivers and never took them off. I go back and forth with my trad bows. The last few bows I installed inserts if they didn't have them and used 3 arrow Kwikee Kwivers, so I could easily remove them once on stand. I always practiced with them in case I needed to take a shot walking to/from my stand though. I may try a Tightspot on my TradTech to see if I like it on a recurve. If I do it will stay on.

Comment

Overall...yes. Longbow...quiver yes. Recurve...no quiver since dual shelved. I had a quiver on my recurve for GRXH for stalking...I havent found a shoulder quiver I like yet.
                        Last edited by Briar Friar; 03-14-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Always have mine on. Practice, hunting, etc. Always keep arrows in it too. I just started out that way and never changed. A bow without a quiver on it feels weird for me to shoot now.

Comment

No quiver when hunting or practicing as a rule. There are times when spot and stalk hunting, I may use a bow quiver or a side quiver, depending on the terrain.

Comment

Always practice with my quiver on and the first arrow out just like it will be on a real hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X