Let's hear from the Ford 6.2L owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hear from the Ford 6.2L owners

I have always considered myself a Chevy Guy. But I am seriously considering the F250 with the 6.2. Looking forward to hear your experiences good or bad. to help me decide.

I have a 2015 and love it. There are a couple threads on here about them with some good information. Another good place for information is

Mine has the option to lock out gears when you are pulling a load. I drove about 30 miles today, unloaded and locked out (turned off) 6th gear. It did great and had some pep at 21-2300 rpm.

Comment

I bought a 2013 F-250 6.2 gas new. If fuel mileage is an issue do not buy a gas engine in your F-250. Pulling power is excellent. Ride is excellent and the interior of my King Ranch is very nice and has held up very well the past few years. I have had only one problem and that is the fold in side mirro on the drivers side has trouble folding in but with a little assistance it will fold. MPG is average 12 in town and (on the high end) 15 on highway. My truck is quiet, powerful, drives very well, will turn in about a 1/2 acre, I can park at Wal Mart but just barely. Good engine, transmission and body. I have been a Chevy man for years and fought my first F-150 Supercrew in 2002 and then this 2013 F-250 King Ranch. I have been very pleased with but I bet the Chevy/GMC trucks are just as good.

Comment

Just got mine last week. So far I’m impressed and like it. Following this.

Comment

I really like it and no regrets, I pull 12k pretty regular and have no complaints. I just turned 100k and no issues other than a AC compressor in the first 6 months. Mine is a 13' f250,4x4, crewcab with 3.73. I am getting a flatbed put on it and hopefully have it back tomorrow. When the time comes, I will be buying another. The hardest thing to get used to is that it runs in the high RPMS when pulling heavy. Sometimes I lock 6th out. I went from a cummins to the 6.2 and the RPM thing really got to me for awhile. Now I just put it in gear, hit the tow/haul and go.
          This comes from a long time diesel owner from 1984 to my last one in 2004.

Comment

How do yalll lock it out of 6th gear? I’m still trying to figure out alll these buttons on this thing. I to am coming from a diesel so getting used to that as well.
            Last edited by Electrican; 03-04-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I am use to bad gas mileage I get 13mpg Hwy going downhill empty with a tail wind in my old chevy 6.0. Luckily I get a company truck and drive it home. my personal trucks are not daily drivers mainly for Hunting/Fishing.

Comment

Have a '16. Best truck I've ever owned in every aspect

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                  How do yalll lock it out of 6th gear? I’m still trying to figure out alll these buttons on this thing. I to am coming from a diesel so getting used to that as well.
                  Use the column shifter button. Press the - button till you lock out whatever gear you want.
                  Last edited by Rubi513; 03-04-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Just bought mine 2 months ago. 2017 FX4 edition. Ride not bad at all for a big 4x4. Plenty power and pulls great. Gas mileage not bad either, getting 14-14.5 so far back and forth to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      Use the column shifter button. Press the - button till you lock out whatever gear you want.
                      Ditto, you can lock out any gear you want this way. Usually if the truck is hunting gears I will push the - side of the paddle shifter until the "6" light up is gone. When 6 is not lit up, that means the tranny will not shift to 6th. You can hit the + side of paddle and 6 should light up. Its ready to be used again. If loaded real heavy and in mountains you can lock out several gears if needed by using the paddle shifter. Hope that helps

Comment

I'm enjoying my '17 6.2. My previous F-250 had the 6.8 V10. Both have plenty power and not too terrible on gas mileage either.

Comment

Just made a deal on a new 6.2 yesterday. New truck should be here Tuesday and the 6.7 is being traded in. Look forward to less maintenance cost and fear of expensive repairs. With 2 little ones the bigger back seat will be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a company 2011 6.0 gasser Chevy with 333,000 miles...I'll be getting a new one in April/May & not sure what it will be, nor am I rabidly partial to one flavor or another like so many that their bias banter gets nauseating. The big three can turn out great products & all three can spit out a lemon.

Having said that, if one were to ask me what I would recommend if you wanted a 3/4 gas truck to keep & drive into the ground?? From everything I have kept up with, GMs 6.0 is arguably the most reliable long term gas engine you can get for a work truck. If you trade them in every 100k, I really don't think it matters & frankly the 6.0 sucks in the giddy-up. Still, you cannot ignore how many more high mileage 6.0's are on the road than any other 3/4 ton gasser.

Comment

I've been following the 6.2 for almost a year and a half, and will probably be buying one next year when we return to the States.

For prospective buyers, I highly recommend you look at ordering the 4.30 gears, especially if you plan to tow a good bit. The extra torque multiplication in many ways gives you an "extra gear" in terms of later downshifts. In other words, when the 3.73 trucks need to downshift to 4th gear to maintain on a hill, a 4.30 equipped truck may only need 5th. You'll likely see better towing and in-town mileage too, but may lose an MPG empty on the highway. YMMV.

Comment

Working...
                              X