• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
      I guess I'll never understand why folks chicken fry backstrap. Thats like frying a prime ribeye

Way too many other cuts to fry. And none of them need vinegar or buttermilk to be tender and tasty
      I agree !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I'm with Justin on this. This is how backstrap should be treated. And I don't have to soak it in anything or beat the hell out of it with a hammer to make it taste good and be tender.

Hindquarters meat makes just as good fried backstrap.

I love both methods of preparing backstrap. I would say there is no better way to introduce someone to wild game meat then prepared like fried backstrap in this post.

Comment

Its probably a great recipe but at our house whole strap is grilled medium rare or seared in hot pan and finished in 500 degree oven. Ive eaten it fried and its good. However, its nothing compared to a grilled/roasted strap seasoned with only salt and pepper.

No soaking either.

Comment

I guess I'll never understand why folks chicken fry backstrap. Thats like frying a prime ribeye

Way too many other cuts to fry. And none of them need vinegar or buttermilk to be tender and tasty

My thoughts exactly!

This is what God made backstrap for:

Op, I’m sure your recipe is great, but I will never fry backstrap again after having it like this!

Bisch

Comment

^^^^^^ This right here!
              You will be asking yourself why you were frying it all those years!!

Comment

Originally posted by Franch View Post
                ^^^^^^ This right here!
                You will be asking yourself why you were frying it all those years!!

Recipe please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife soaks then in sweet red wine overnight before frying. Gives it a little bit of a sweet taste and super tender.

Comment

Saved me from typing that, thanks.

Comment

I've never heard of going to so much effort to tenderize something that is tender by nature. Just season flour and fry.

Comment

i always save the BS for grilling. i use sirloin or something else form the hind quarters for chicken frying. just butterfly it and beat the **** out of it. never soaked in vinegar before so i might give it a try.....

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw View Post
                          I've never heard of going to so much effort to tenderize something that is tender by nature. Just season flour and fry.
                          This, all I do is cut into 1/2" medallions and soak in regular milk (to draw out blood) drain, seasoned flour and fry. Always gotta have some gravy to go with it.

Comment

All you grillers start your own recipe thread about how it's done... this one is about chicken frying!

I love it both ways... I've also been known to simmer it in a brown gravy with onions after a quick pan fry. Back strap... it's what's for dinner (if you're lucky)!

Comment

Cut my straps into 1" thick medallions, put two together and wrap pepper bacon around it secured with toothpicks. Grill 3-4 minutes per side and dig in.

Comment

Try this, once you get your medallions cut, one inch or inch and half, or two, try butterflying them....cut down the middle just about all the way through and open up like butterfly wings before you tenderize. This makes a steak twice as big and you don't have to beat your meat so much to get it tenderized. You like it chicken fried so do it your way, make some gravy and smashed tatters and go to town. Enjoy !

Comment

Working...
                                X