Rocker B Ranch.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by predatorsniper View Post
    Nope, no website. I'll have to look for the phone # of the HQ.

predatorsniper

did you find it?

Comment

William Blakley owned it before he died. It ALL (minerals and surface) went to the hospital after that. No telling how much oil & gas revenue that ranch produces for the hospital. Just awesome.

Stupid.......PM sent.

predatorsniper

Comment

Originally posted by predatorsniper View Post
        William Blakley owned it before he died. It ALL (minerals and surface) went to the hospital after that. No telling how much oil & gas revenue that ranch produces for the hospital. Just awesome.

Stupid.......PM sent.

predatorsniper

Got it! And what a man!

Comment

I can vouch that it is a great ranch. I hunted there in the 80's as well and killed a pronghorn. My grandfather was a guide on the place at that time, but I heard they did away with the guide thing. Back then the quote unquote guides would draw for a particular pasture and then was alotted so many tags for paying hunters. I think my grandfather used to get a free pronghorn and whitetail tag out of the deal and that was his compensation for being a guide. I'd love to go back someday.

Comment

I grew up hunting that ranch. Back when it was day hunted. I have pictures of some dang nice bucks my family killed over the years. They hunted pronghorn out there also. We havn't hunted it in about 10 years. They are killing much better deer now b/c they manage it. The best deer my dad killed was a 162" 10 point and my brother killed a 156" 10 that is 23 inches inside. I still have the map of the ranch in my closet. I believe it is 167,000 acres. We mostly hunted the Red House and Point pastures. Also hunted West Snow, North Mustang, Elbow Trap, Upper and Lower Centrailia, Elbow Horse Trap, East and West Whatley, Chili Trap, and South Mustang. Man I would love to go back and hunt for old times sake. I killed my first hog on that ranch when I was 6 or 7.

Comment

I Hunted the Rocker b two weeks ago

I hunted the Rocker b 2 weeks ago and took this nice management buck. Scored 127 and weighed 152 field dressed. For information on hunting the ranch, contact Jim Bob at:
              Jim Hurst
              Wildlife Coordinator
              Rocker b Ranch
              325-835-2025 (off)
              325-650-8830 (mob)
              325-835-2042 (fax)
              jimbob.hurst@tsrh.org
              They do not have a website as far as I know. Tell JimBob that Brian Jackson said hello.
              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

no website as mentioned....also, try and get in contact with Ike Sugg. Owner of the Sugg ranch, right down the road from the Rocker B.....and i know that some of the ranch was given to the hospital but not the whole thing. if i remember right.

Comment

All of the Rocker b is owned by the Scottish Rite Hospital now. Minerals, surface, the whole shootin' match.

predatorsniper

Comment

Killed my pronghorn on the ranch in 78 for 200 dollars. What a deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X