No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Heater Buddies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might need to wear some pants in this weather.

Comment

Get the camo Hunter Buddy heater.... I have the red one too....but the pilot lighting mechanism is much better on the Hunter Buddy.... It’s worth the little bit extra.....
      Attached Files

Comment

They don't like wind at all

Comment

I have the one bottle and the 2 bottle version. Never had any issues with either of them being blown out. I will say that the single bottle one has the issue of not wanting to light if I turn it off and the try to restart it the on/off knob will not turn past the pilot light "click" position. Once it cools off, it restarts with no issues

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
            I believe they have an internal anti-tip switch can could be malfunctioning. I had to replace one once. Called the company and they sent me the part. Works fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Good to know, like Dale mine is a PITA to get lit and if a mouse runs across the floor it goes out.

Comment

Clean the hole where the gas comes out with a Qtip and that will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

never had mine blow out

Comment

We have one in every stand.. They work great

Comment

You know what really sucks?......It's not having any type of heater!
                    Mine stays lit, so it sounds like a malfunction, or as someone mentioned not reading the instructions.

Comment

Pro-Tip....go to the garden center at Walmart and get you a $1 stick lighter in the BBQ section for each blind. They are much quieter than the pinging strikers on the portable buddies and bigger....well unless you have one with the AA battery electronic ignition. But then again, I'd have one in my blind anyway because batteries go dead. They last forever in a blind.

This tip is sponsored by notfreezingyourazzofforscaringdeer.com

Comment

didn't we have a Heater buddy thread like 2 days ago. lol. i bought one for my wife the first time i took her out to Eldorado. really glad i did. we had a nice Norther blow in. temps dropped into the upper 20s with a strong northwest wind. she stayed nice and toasty. shot her first deer. really don't think she would have gone back had i not bought the heater.

Comment

Keep one in every stand. Very handy. No troubles yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Is it this one?

Because this one sucks.

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                            I have never had mine blow out but it sucks the propane out so fast sometimes it condenses it freezes up the bottle

I haven't used mine a ton but have never had a problem except once last year. I decided to take the 30-30 Mom bought me when I was a kid. Took a buck out of my blind with it and the percussion blew the heater out.
                            Otherwise it's worked flawlessly.

Comment

I’ve had times when Buddy Heaters blow out or if bumped flame goes out. I might try cleaning out the oriface this year. Can’t hurt.

Comment

I don't particularly like the one that Dale said sucks, but it's better than nothing. It tips over too easily, but mine has never blown out or been hard to light. I like the Coleman versions but they are no longer made. The good news is, I have five of them and you can occasionally find them on ebay.......at about twice what they brought when new. Evidently I'm not the only one who likes them.

Comment

Working...
                                X