Truck Heater ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck Heater ?

So whenever I turn on my truck heater it does not blow hot. Also it cools the temperature of the truck of from 1/2 of the gauge 210 to 1/4 of normal operating temperature. Turn heater off truck warms back up, turn heater on it cools off and just barely warm air. Normally not an issue but this morning it was chilly on the way to work and with the snow I couldn't get the windshield to defog either. I'm thinking the thermostat is stuck open. What do yall think?

What make and year?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      What make and year?
      2006 chevrolet 1500 5.3 V8

Comment

Sounds like your blend door is not operating correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
          Sounds like your blend door is not operating correctly.
          But that shouldnt cause the truck temp to drop in half huh?

Comment

You wouldn't think so but it happens.

Comment

Have you checked your coolant level?

Comment

When you turn it to defrost the AC compressor kicks on. When the blend door isn't working correctly you're blowing cold air across the heater core. Which in turn cools the water running through it. Which in turn cools your motor down.

Comment

Comment

Doesn't sound like a thermostat.

Comment

When you turn it to defrost the AC compressor kicks on. When the blend door isn't working correctly you're blowing cold air across the heater core. Which in turn cools the water running through it. Which in turn cools your motor down.
                      K but it cools off even when blowing heater thru vents and not the Defrost.

Comment

Originally posted by dropem View Post
                        Have you checked your coolant level?
                        yes full

Comment

THis or some variant of it. Maybe fresh air door stuck open, but something cooling the air that goes over the heater coil.

Comment

Well its 40 below and I don't give a ****, gotta heater in the truck and I'm off to the rodeo! This post has nothing to do with your issue. I just couldn't help myself.

Comment

You should be carrying a Little Buddy heater with you till you get it figured out.

Comment

Working...
                              X