No announcement yet.

Yellowstone...the series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some good stories about grizzly and 30-30s.....https://www.levergunscommunity.org/v...ic.php?t=36282

Comment

Maybe it was a browning BLR you can get those chambered in a 300wsm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder what y’all think the grizzlies that populated the West were killed with ? A 30-30 will definitely kill a grizzly if he’s shot between the ears. It’s roughly twice the power of the old 44-40 which was the cartridge most popular during the late black powder era. I’m certain there were grizzlies killed with it.

You gotta hit them though. Can’t shoot two feet high and a foot left which is where Rip’s shot was headed when it fired.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
          Walker is the best reproduction of a cowboy on film since Gus and Call in Lonesome Dove.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            I wonder what y’all think the grizzlies that populated the West were killed with ? A 30-30 will definitely kill a grizzly if he’s shot between the ears. It’s roughly twice the power of the old 44-40 which was the cartridge most popular during the late black powder era. I’m certain there were grizzlies killed with it.

You gotta hit them though. Can’t shoot two feet high and a foot left which is where Rip’s shot was headed when it fired.
            I guess this kinda helps make my point...I’m not saying a 30-30 can’t kill grizzlies. However, if that would have been the only detail I questioned, the show probably would be ok. But it’s not just that, it’s one thing after another. They want drama so bad they are trying to infuse drama unnecessarily.

Just a prediction: the Dutton daughter will commit suicide, something will happen to Rip, the Dutton son running for attorney general won’t win, the California big wig will partner with the Indians and start taking over the ranch, John Dutton will almost die of cancer three more times, and Casey will
            Be the only one left standing. But he’s going to have a huge moral dilemma on his hands to protect his family ranch (after his dad dies) or else please his Indian wife because the Indians are taking over the ranch.

Only half what I typed has a 50% chance of coming true. But that’s about as accurate as the witting for this show has been

Comment

To clarify the cowboy branding. Cowboy is branded if he is given a second chance to stay on the ranch after messing up. Casey is branded!!! He screwed up, was given a second chance by Mr. Dutton (Dad), and branded. I think I'm correct about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

Heck Tim Wells head shot a grizzly with a bow and dropped him. I would say a 30-30 is plenty powerful to drop one with a head shot at close range.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead View Post
                  No OTA. Limited disposable funds. Should I pay for TV, or buy arrows?
                  Buy arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by redleif View Post
                    To clarify the cowboy branding. Cowboy is branded if he is given a second chance to stay on the ranch after messing up. Casey is branded!!! He screwed up, was given a second chance by Mr. Dutton (Dad), and branded. I think I'm correct about that.

Yup John branded him for getting Monica pregnant and marrying her, though it seems he’s had a change of heart lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                      Yup John branded him for getting Monica pregnant and marrying her, though it seems he’s had a change of heart lately.

When was that explained? I've been trying to pay attention to hear that side and never caught it.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        When was that explained? I've been trying to pay attention to hear that side and never caught it.

John told Monica at the trappers cabin the next morning after she saw Walker branded by Rip, Lloyd and #%^* you Jimmie

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                          John told Monica at the trappers cabin the next morning after she saw Walker branded by Rip, Lloyd and #%^* you Jimmie

Gotcha, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                            I guess this kinda helps make my point...I’m not saying a 30-30 can’t kill grizzlies. However, if that would have been the only detail I questioned, the show probably would be ok. But it’s not just that, it’s one thing after another. They want drama so bad they are trying to infuse drama unnecessarily.

Just a prediction: the Dutton daughter will commit suicide, something will happen to Rip, the Dutton son running for attorney general won’t win, the California big wig will partner with the Indians and start taking over the ranch, John Dutton will almost die of cancer three more times, and Casey will
                            Be the only one left standing. But he’s going to have a huge moral dilemma on his hands to protect his family ranch (after his dad dies) or else please his Indian wife because the Indians are taking over the ranch.

Only half what I typed has a 50% chance of coming true. But that’s about as accurate as the witting for this show has been
                            Only prediction I got is that Kacey kills somebody else...

Comment

My prediction, John takes the brand for being wrong about the abortion.

Comment

My prediction,
                                soldier boy casey gets kilt by injuns
                                rip kills kimmel
                                beth od's
                                lawyer boy gets outed as a gay politician and branded
                                Big chief gets rail roaded by his own injuns
                                **** you jimmy flips his lid and kills everyone but the horse and kid.
                                Little injun inherits the ranch.
                                he brands himself
                                fade to black.

Comment

Working...
                                X