Kolaches, PLEASE READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PoohDaddy View Post
    I like the Kolaches from Greens Sausage house in Zabcikville,Tx outside of temple!
    Grew up less than 10 miles from greens. Oh so good. Plain sausage and hot link kolache washed down with a cherry RC. Add cream cheese if your really hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
      Made by a Cech

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice haha touché

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
        Personally I like the ones in Hillsboro at the Country Czech bakery.
        I am on your page, I always get a kick out of the older lady that runs this bakery, she refuses to smile, and gives those young lady's that wait the counter fits..........ha ha

Rwc

Comment

I guess the boudin kolaches I've been buying in west Houston are blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

I'll be the first to say they're all WAAAAAAY overrated anyway. Much better things to eat than true kolaches
            Brisket breakfast tacos!

Comment

Originally posted by czechaholic View Post
              Yes...jap and cheese klobasnek's are good

Kolache police at it again

Comment

Pig in the blanket

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I have never seen grown men get so worked up over a small square of bread, sugar, fruit filling and weenies...
                  Too dang funny had to bump it.

Comment

I saw this article the other day, you know what bugs me about it? First time I heard the word kalache was when I moved to Texas and stop in central Texas and one of those Czech bakeries and they had a sign that said “kolache” in front of a sausage roll... I think the author of this blog needs to stop and check who’s perpetuating the misuse of the word.

Comment

I have had more than one Czech Belt Texas tell me that Kolache were the open faced pastry filled with cheese or fruit, but if they were open faced with sausage they were still Kolache.

Klobasneky were the pigs in the blanket style pastry with meat and or cheese rolled inside of the pastry.

What say you Czech Texans?

Comment

I just think its funny no one mentioned the fact that an individual one is called a kolach. I hadn't had one before we moved here but what slavik influence/knowledge I knew made me want to call one a kolach. I was repeatedly and vehemently corrected by Houstonians that it's always "cole-aw-chee".

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          I have never seen grown men get so worked up over a small square of bread, sugar, fruit filling and weenies...
                          guess you've never been to Dallas? lots of em running around

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Hot chubbie with cheese is the only way to go.
                            reminds me of my ex girlfriend

Comment

My first experience with a “kolache” was when I was about 8-9 we hunted a place in Beeville and would drive down 59 through Hilljie on our way. We always stopped at Hilljie smokehouse and got loads of stuff but my favorite was always the Turkey Jerky and a Kolache. These Kolaches we bread squares filled with fruit and crumble on top. I always got a Apricot one if they had one. Years went by and one day heard the term kolache and I was very excited to get one but was disappointed when I realized it was what I knew as a pig in blanket. Ever since, kolache has been a PIB and very seldom have I ever seen another “fruit kolache”. My mouth is watering thinking about the Hilljie smoke house right now, why did I have to read this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                                The ones my grandmother in law makes are the best!
                                Prove it!

Comment

Working...
                                X