Youth and Rodeo's 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
    Well my son had his first roping lesson tonight. Got a feeling this is going to get even more expensive
    It is getting ready to get real expensive.....LOL.......I know first hand.

Comment

Sarah finished up a playday series at our church Sunday. She won highpoint for the sub juniors spring series. Even lost her stirrups on the barrels and still won first place in barrels. kid is progressing nicely.

Here is a link to the video I put together from her Sunday runs.

https://youtu.be/IomME1Fogyw
      Last edited by bowhuntertex; 05-21-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
        Sarah finished up a playday series at our church Sunday. She won highpoint for the sub juniors spring series. Even lost her stirrups on the barrels and still won first place in barrels. kid is progressing nicely.

Here is a link to the video I put together from her Sunday runs.

https://youtu.be/IomME1Fogyw
        Nice.

We took this past weekend off. But we have a Thursday, Friday and Saturday rodeo this weekend

Comment

Brandon how did your daughter do in Chickasha last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            My son Clay riding a rank one last night.

Hoggslayer
            How's that bullrider doing today? Still praying for a full recovery. He will be back to riding for 8 in no time.

Comment

Brandon how did your daughter do in Chickasha last weekend?

She finished I think in the top 10 out of 68. She said Lucy didn't run. Sounds like we need to get her hock injected again with plasma.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                She finished I think in the top 10 out of 68. She said Lucy didn't run. Sounds like we need to get her hock injected again with plasma.
                Nice. Hope the horse is OK. How is the new horse working out?

Comment

Nice. Hope the horse is OK. How is the new horse working out?
                  We haven't decided yet. Riley needs to learn how to ride it different than Lucy. Lucy has spoiled her. LOL

Comment

We haven't decided yet. Riley needs to learn how to ride it different than Lucy. Lucy has spoiled her. LOL
                    I know how that goes. We have had a mare for 2 years that I bought for my daughter’s step up horse and she will not ride it. I told her this summer she had to ride it or it was going to be sold.

Comment

I know how that goes. We have had a mare for 2 years that I bought for my daughter’s step up horse and she will not ride it. I told her this summer she had to ride it or it was going to be sold.
                      I agree. It doesn't matter how ****** the horse is if the kid doesn't have 100% confidence in it then its a waste of time and money.

Comment

I agree. It doesn't matter how ****** the horse is if the kid doesn't have 100% confidence in it then its a waste of time and money.
                        And that is why I now have a horse I am working in the roping pen for myself. Maybe one day Sarah will do break away on her.

Comment

Sarah picked up some more hardware last night from the Hays county 4-H point show series banquet. Jr. High Point in the speed division. Hopefully she can carry this over to the district show next month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180523_061118.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	24539852

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180522_200231_1527037395513 (3).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	24539853

Comment

Sarah picked up some more hardware last night from the Hays county 4-H point show series banquet. Jr. High Point in the speed division. Hopefully she can carry this over to the district show next month.

[ATTACH]908974[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]908975[/ATTACH]
                            Awesome. Congrats to the young lady

Just out of curiosity is that a wearable buckle? It looks gigantic

Comment

Awesome. Congrats to the young lady

Just out of curiosity is that a wearable buckle? It looks gigantic
                              Thanks. She was super proud of winning this one because she was the youngest in her class.

For her no. It is pretty dang big and she is tiny. She might be able to wear it when she becomes an adult, LOL. She has won several this size and I have never understood why they give such big buckles to little kids. Good thing is she has 4 or 5 others she can actually wear. I guess this one will just sit on the buckle display shelf that I am building for her.

Comment

Thanks. She was super proud of winning this one because she was the youngest in her class.

For her no. It is pretty dang big and she is tiny. She might be able to wear it when she becomes an adult, LOL. She has won several this size and I have never understood why they give such big buckles to little kids. Good thing is she has 4 or 5 others she can actually wear. I guess this one will just sit on the buckle display shelf that I am building for her.
                                Ok. Every buckle my daughter has won she can wear. It is a head scratcher that they would give a buckle that big to a little kid. The picture is probably playing tricks on me though so it probably isn’t as big as it looks with her holding. Awesome accomplishment no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                                X