Thoughts on Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36 ???

Anyone have one of these? I have/had vx3i's in other configurations and liked them.

Considering it for a 308 with 20" barrel....shots under 300 yds. I'm looking to keep things handy.

I have one on a Remington model 7 in 7mm-08 I think it is clearer than my VX3 and VariX3's but I am not a big fan of the plastic adjustments knobs they feel kinda cheap to me

Comment

I have one albeit an older vari-x on my 257 roberts, but it's my rattling / walking gun...if it's a mountain type set up, it's a great little scope, but I actually prefer more power for applications where I'm sitting & such. Being able to crank them up to 20x & use as a spotting scope to look for details, kickers aging and such is helpful.

Comment

I've got one on a model 7 in 223 and love it. Perfect for a truck gun, light and compact w/ plenty of zoom for shots past 300 if need be.

Comment

I've got one on a 375 H&H that I've had on it years. Great scope and clear as a whistle...

Comment

That would be a perfect scope for that gun. Clean & trim.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

I had a Mark 4 in that configuration. Made for a nice compact package with still having sufficient magnification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Came across my old thread and have one of these. They are awesome scopes.

Comment

Deleted responsebased on op date

VX3i= good
                      Last edited by Johnny44; 03-09-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                        Its one of the best values and usable hunting scopes in my opinion, I use them extensively. Just ordered another one for a 308 for $326 shipped from bud’s.

I also have switched out my older Leupolds for the Freedom because in most respects the freedom looks as good as the Vx3i. Some guys like the Freedom 3-9x40 more than this scope but if I’m outta state and hoping for dependable I go with the 2-8x for no other reason than my theory because none have failed me and I’m brutal on a few of my rifles.

Just now saw the thread date I got suckered into
                        I appreciate the feedback. I just bought another one for my 18" 6.5 manbun

Comment

I run a couple of these on Rem 700 1st gen Ti ultralights. I prefer the B&C reticle.

They’re fine little scopes, and I believe they will suit your application perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                          X