Clear All

Guess I shouldn't hoard all the previous years entry forms

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
    lmao! Darn it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
      Step 1: join Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Texas chapter
      Step 2: email BHA chapter head about perceived grievances
      Step 3: stop having the mindset of "well I don't want to cause a fuss and have a concerted voice as a group rather than individuals:

Until hunters start realizing that as individuals we are nothing but a nuisance, this crap won't change. Anti-hunters have realized that if they gripe LOUD enough and LONG enough, they'll get what they want. We need to have the same mindset backed up by data and representation. BHA is the closest I've seen to having that.

Grapevine needs to start requiring bowhunters Ed and have a qualification like Haegerman.

I even ran into a guy (and shame on you if you read this, you know who you are) who DOESNT EVEN OWN A BOW who got drawn to hunt out there.

The Corp of Engineers shouldn't have the mindset that "they allow hunting out of the kindness of their heart".

They're a government agency. Corp of Engineer property belongs to YOU, ME, and every other citizen of the United States. If you want change, hold people accountable, but it won't happen individually.

GOOD info Shane , I believe non hunters have been applying for the Vine tags for quite some time now to keep hunters from being able to draw those tags. I agree about the Bowhunter's ed as well. Maybe even make it a prerequisite to even apply for the hunt so as to keep the less serious hunters and non hunters from applying for the tags. At this point I'm hoping that over 100 hunters don't pick up the tags again this year. Grapevine should also consider doing redraw's each season to fill that 250 tag quota instead of a 50 percent redraw.

Comment

Hey guys - is Grapevine Lake draw/special draw only? This area is new to me but it's close..

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
          GOOD info Shane , I believe non hunters have been applying for the Vine tags for quite some time now to keep hunters from being able to draw those tags. I agree about the Bowhunter's ed as well. Maybe even make it a prerequisite to even apply for the hunt so as to keep the less serious hunters and non hunters from applying for the tags. At this point I'm hoping that over 100 hunters don't pick up the tags again this year. Grapevine should also consider doing redraw's each season to fill that 250 tag quota instead of a 50 percent redraw.
          A few years back a lady who was working there had told me that there were people that openly bragged to her that they were trying to draw a permit to keep hunters from drawing. I'm heading out there tomorrow to pick up my permit if I get my license in the mail today. If not, next Friday.

I agree with IBEP certification but I already have it anyway. That might keep the anti-hunters away.

I have tried for five years and finally got drawn so I'm going to give it my best shot.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
            A few years back a lady who was working there had told me that there were people that openly bragged to her that they were trying to draw a permit to keep hunters from drawing. I'm heading out there tomorrow to pick up my permit if I get my license in the mail today. If not, next Friday.

I agree with IBEP certification but I already have it anyway. That might keep the anti-hunters away.

I have tried for five years and finally got drawn so I'm going to give it my best shot.
            Congrats man , make that golden ticket count Brother ! I have places to hunt that hold great deer every season but I'm still hoping for the redraw in November. My tree at the vine is gonna miss me :-(

Comment

IBEP AND qualification would keep antis out of the drawing. Kirby, PM inbound.

Comment

It's draw only which has already come and gone for this season. No deer at the Vine though.

Comment

Thanks Troy. I'll be in it next year.

Comment

I went out with a buddy this morning. We logged a few miles. Went to a spot I haven't been before and setup a trail camera. With all the rain, the open fields are sitting in about 4-5 ft of weeds. Very difficult to get through but makes it easy to see trails. Set up another camera near a familiar spot. We'll see what we get in a few weeks.
                    Last edited by troy_w_7; 09-09-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                      I went out with a buddy this morning. We logged a few miles. Went to a spot I haven't been before and setup a trail camera. With all the rain, the open fields are sitting in about 4-5 ft of weeds. Very difficult to get through but makes it easy to see trails. Set up another camera near a familiar spot. We'll see what we get in a few weeks.
                      Have fun out there this year!

Comment

Anyone wanta shoot teal. I've got all the gear and a mud rig if you've got a spot. I can hunt week days. Got a permit, just no experience out there

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                          Hey guys - is Grapevine Lake draw/special draw only? This area is new to me but it's close..
                          Yes you have to enter a drawing early July or June I cant remember. But its a lottery style deal. Good luck next year

Comment

Ducks

Pervis - shoot me a text for ducks. (214) 415-6133

Comment

Sent u a text

Comment

Kirby: glad your dog is back home!

I'd love to see a bonus point lottery. Everyone who applies has their name go in the hat, the more years you've applied without getting drawn the more times your name goes in the lottery.

Doesn't matter for me though, I drew this year and will be moving to CO next year. After a successful trip this year I would rather eat elk than deer!

Comment

Working...
                                X