Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
    Well put...

I’m not dead set on any one suppressor,make,or model. I’m trying to get the most bang for my buck. Maybe I’ll just go back to the 30 cal cans with removable end caps that can be switched to 223/556.
    YHM Nitro does that. I have .30 cal YHM cans and they are plenty quiet on the .223, the 6.5, the .308 and the .300 RUM.

The .300 RUM is the loudest (the can is designed for it) but that has to do with a 210gr bullet moving at 3050 FPS and hitting hard.

My end caps are not removable and going from .223 to .308 is not that big of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      Well put...

Maybe I’ll just go back to the 30 cal cans with removable end caps that can be switched to 223/556.
      Thats what I thought too. If you look at the data, most 30cal cans are not much louder than a 556can/end cap. I ended up with an AAC 762-SND-6 and I love it, sounds great on my 556 and i will use it on my 300blk that I'm building.

Comment

I ended up buying an Omega 300 awhile back

I narrowed it down to a Sandman, Thunderbeast, SIG and Omega 300

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
          As you have seen from the above posts what you want, really does not exist if you want it to be effective.

It is like getting an 18- Wheeler because it will do everything from hauling heavy loads to getting you back and forth from work.
          I used to think this, but have since changed my mind on the Hybrid, as I now own one.

@BLACKFINTURKEY I wouldn't worry too much about the "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" rap some (including me awhile back) like to put on the Hybrid. If you do the research, the Hybrid is competitive with all the current "must have" suppressors.
          Attached Files

Comment

Bllackfin, you also need to hear the ones you are considering in person - YouTube videos just don't cut it. The db ratings alone would not be enough for me to make a decision. For example, shooting my .300 bo suppressed does not produce as pleasant of a tone as shooting that same can on a 6.5 creedmoor, .308 or even 10" .556 SBR even though all of those are higher db`s.

Some companies/videos are just chasing the numbers. A suppressed high power round is not quiet. The noise it does make should at least put a smile on your face!

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                You are correcr

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X