No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats storm! I'm in my stand now. Had a few under my stand last night but didn't feel like all the work it was so hot. Tonight I might have to put in the work if they show.

Good luck to everyone out there this evening!

Comment

Deer were moving good in our area this afternoon. I wasn't there but my buddy saw several groups. He had a shot at a nice doe around 5pm, but dropped his bow from the stand when he tried to pick it up from bow hanger! Bow survived but sights did not so he had to cut his hunt short. He just signed up as a new TBH member; I'll remind him to introduce himself so y'all can rib him about his doe fever. ��

Comment

Pretty crowded out there this year. Not sure if more people than usual or the spots I’ve been hunting for years have finally been over taken lol had a guy this morning pretty close going crazy on his doe bleat call so I just packed up and left.

Comment

Good to know that its busy =\ I plan on being out there either Nov 4 (depending on a buddy and his land), or Nov 11 for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by buckshot179 View Post
            Pretty crowded out there this year. Not sure if more people than usual or the spots I’ve been hunting for years have finally been over taken lol had a guy this morning pretty close going crazy on his doe bleat call so I just packed up and left.
            i havent seen anyone in the areas I hunt in. Been a few cars on the road ,but then again I tend to unt the harder areas.

Comment

First Harvest On ACE Property!

Storm, Congratulations on the doe!

I Harvested my first hog ever and first ever harvest on ACE property on Saturday! I put in a lot of work over the summer and it paid off as I was able to take a Nice 130 Lbs. sow!

Unfortunately the excitement was overshadowed by a thief in the woods. While my hunting partner helped me find the hog he was away from his pop-up blind for no more than 40-45 minutes. During that time some thief got in his blind and stole his hunting back pack and reclosed his blind as if no one had been there. To my friends surprise when he got back to the blind to pack it all up and leave for the day he realized the thief stole his bag that contained items in all totaling over $400 in gear (bag included). I guess we are fortunate that the blind and seat were not stolen as well.

I think the Lord was trying to prepare me for what was going to happen that day, because I had a great bible reading that same morning in the woods before harvesting the hog. The point of the bible study was to be slow to anger and not to do wrong for wrong. I pray for the thief that stole the gear and I forgive that person and pray that you were able to get what you think you needed to survive that day and when you use that stolen gear moving forward. One day you will have to stand before the lord and answer for what you did here on earth. We all will, and lord knows I have sinned in my life. I pray for forgiveness for myself and others.

Be safe out there and guard your items, even when you have to track your harvest for a few minutes. Its a shame, I hunt public land or ACE property because I don't have a lot of money to spend on a private lease, so have items stolen that we work hard to purchase and acquire over years really hurts, not only the heart (because of others actin) but the wallets of hard working folks.

God Bless you all and be safe. Maybe next time we will have a better experience.

Comment

Was his blind close to private property?

Comment

Originally posted by buckshot179 View Post
                  Had a guy going crazy on the can call opening weekend.

Comment

Mallard duck call works better.

Comment

No, he was close to the center of the land. There are private properties near by but he was not hunting near the property line at all.

Comment

Way to go Storm. Keep it up.

I really hate a thief. Sorry to hear about your friends loss.

Comment

On stand! Anyone else out this cool October morning?

Comment

I am stalking b2

Comment

Just passed on a nice 8 point. More deer moving in now...

Comment

how nice?

Comment

Working...
                                X