Suppressors: Direct Thread vs. QD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traxx View Post
    I have been using the QD's and like the ability to swap them around. A qd brake or flash hider is a lot easier to get than another suppressor.
    Direct Threads you can switch around in a shorter time on any rifle minus the QD mount and flash hider so it's also lighter and shorter

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Direct Threads you can switch around in a shorter time on any rifle minus the QD mount and flash hider so it's also lighter and shorter
      Not if the rifles have different threads.
      Say for instance a 6.5 Grendel and .308 and 5.56. With a single 7.62 suppressor you can bounce between all three cals. Again, the qd adapter is much cheaper than 3 suppressors and without the wait.

Comment

Not if the rifles have different threads.
        Say for instance a 6.5 Grendel and .308 and 5.56. With a single 7.62 suppressor you can bounce between all three cals. Again, the qd adapter is much cheaper than 3 suppressors and without the wait.
        Buy a $20 1/2-28 to 5/4x24 adapter for the 5.56 and all of a sudden every gun is threaded the same pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          Buy a $20 1/2-28 to 5/4x24 adapter for the 5.56 and all of a sudden every gun is threaded the same pitch.
          Except the 6.5 grendel which is yet another thread.

I like my QDs and you can't change my mind on it.

Comment

I ended up buying the QD Sig 762. The price was still reasonable and will be easy to pass between guns. It was also very similar in weight and length to others I considered. Now if only my form 4 would get approved!

Comment

Big ole article and failed to mention one of the biggest kickers, repeatably and accuracy after taking can on and off multiple times. Which style is better and how repeatable can you expect 5 shots to be if the can is removed and re attached between each shot?

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                Big ole article and failed to mention one of the biggest kickers, repeatably and accuracy after taking can on and off multiple times. Which style is better and how repeatable can you expect 5 shots to be if the can is removed and re attached between each shot?
                I have guns that shoot 1 enlarged hole. I use the YHM QD system. I will tell you that as long as I use the SAME suppressor on the rifle the zero stays dead on.

If I use a different suppressor even if it is the same model it will shift slightly (less than 1 MOA).

I have a feeling that a direct thread will be the same.

Comment

Except the 6.5 grendel which is yet another thread.

I like my QDs and you can't change my mind on it.
                  If your Grendel barrel isn’t 5/8x24, you bought it from the wrong place

Enjoy the QD. They’re great.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    If your Grendel barrel isn’t 5/8x24, you bought it from the wrong place

Enjoy the QD. They’re great.
                    Alexander Arms and all the original Grendel mfg were all 9/16-24.

Only those that jumped in after it took off have 5/8-24.

Comment

Working...
                    X