No announcement yet.

New Home Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, there are so many factors here. From finishes to trucking all the way to how busy builders are in the area. Id definitely shop around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
      Would this be around the Ray Roberts area?
      Yes sir. We build within a 60 mile range out of Pilot Point. Have been building true custom homes since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
        Any pics? love that style.
        Google 46041HC. Its a cool house plan. We are basing ours off this basic look.

Try Cornerstone Architects out of Austin......look at the LLano Ranch home. Way outta my league, but we can all dream

Comment

Originally posted by Tex1986 View Post
          We are in the process of working on plans for a new house. We've been working with someone that we feel will build us the best built house out of the builders in Lufkin. We got our rough estimate back yesterday and it seemed really high for what we are wanting. I know you get what you pay for and I'm not looking to cut corners because we will live in this house from now on. The exterior of our house is all hardie board-board and batten. We don't have one piece of rock on our house, we are going for the farmhouse look. The fireplace will be brick, granite countertops, no outdoor kitchen or fireplace. It's a very open floorplan thats a little over 2,700 square foot heated and cooled with a carpot. It's a nice home but nothing is over the top on appliances or design. We are shopping everything online to try and get the best price on lighting, faucets etc.

House sq ft : 2,728
          Total covered area with carport and porches: 3,768

What are yalls guesses on price per square foot? Anyone built a home lately that can shed some light?
          Can't accurately bid anything w/o seeing the plans , list of materials/finishes, and values/quantities.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
            OP be aware, everyone has a different definition of "custom" and "nice finishes". In a real custom home your options are whatever your wallet can afford. Anything you want can be done, just depends on what you want to pay. Like stated above, price / sq ft is not an accurate comparison. To many factors and definitions of "nice" to compare apples to apples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            ^^^

Wish more had your common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
              I would think in Lufkin you could build cheap. We built in Katy last year and built a custom 2700sq/ft for $113 Ft. That included the lot.
              I'd sincerely like to know how that was achieved. The world should be lining-up for a hundred miles at your builder's doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                I'd sincerely like to know how that was achieved. The world should be lining-up for a hundred miles at your builder's doorstep.
                Agreed. Wish I could one built for that in NB

Comment

OP be aware, everyone has a different definition of "custom" and "nice finishes". In a real custom home your options are whatever your wallet can afford. Anything you want can be done, just depends on what you want to pay. Like stated above, price / sq ft is not an accurate comparison. To many factors and definitions of "nice" to compare apples to apples

Yep

Our hardwood flooring choice alone added $6/sq ft. There were others that added up as well and we ended up at $127 for home only and I paid cash for appliances (got a better deal than builder could at the time)

Ours isn't over the top either

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                    I would think in Lufkin you could build cheap. We built in Katy last year and built a custom 2700sq/ft for $113 Ft. That included the lot.
                    If it included the lot, sounds like you went with a builder who has plans you choose from & can make minor modifications. Which is a tract home. Nothing wrong with that, good price. What neighborhood?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                      If it included the lot, sounds like you went with a builder who has plans you choose from & can make minor modifications. Which is a tract home. Nothing wrong with that, good price. What neighborhood?
                      Fawnlake. We picked a plan online from an architect, and made changes from there. Went back to the architects, and they made the changes, and went from there. As long as your house fits on the lot and you stay within your set backs and easements, you can do it. We spec'd every finish in the house. That's custom to me. We did buy the lot from him, but could have gone with a builder of our choice. As long as the HOA would have approved the builder.
                      Last edited by captainsling; 02-09-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                        You can call and talk to him if you want to.

Build your new home with Lipka Custom Home Builders, and get on with the joy of living, call (832) 264-5130 to discuss how we might help make your vision of a new home a reality.

Comment

Fawnlake is reasonable priced homes on lots that are less than 10,000 sq ft. You can get resale houses for around $100 sq ft. Nice subdivision for the price. But when I think of custom homes I usually think of higher end neighborhoods.

Comment

Originally posted by mjeter View Post
                            I'm a custom home builder here in the Hill Country and most of my builds start in the $130-$140 range this is based on heated/cooled sq ft. Most of my builds end up in the $160 sq ft range. On occasion I will build one in the $110 ft price range.

For me, it all depends on finish out, slope of the lot, whether there is rock or not, etc. I do feel that quality labor (subs) isn't cheap but our local market dictates that.
                            What counties do you build in?

Comment

To sum it up there is allot of knowledge in the statements above. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                                Fawnlake is reasonable priced homes on lots that are less than 10,000 sq ft. You can get resale houses for around $100 sq ft. Nice subdivision for the price. But when I think of custom homes I usually think of higher end neighborhoods.
                                Agreed, but op didn't ask for specifics on neighborhoods or resale.

Comment

Working...
                                X