No announcement yet.

Galveston suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The black pearl oyster bar is my favorite restrurant in Galveston. Try it out you won’t be disappointed.

Comment

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Rudys & Pacos
        on postoffice

Comment

Heading to Galveston early in the morning with our 2yo. Any suggestions on a less crowded area, beach wise? I’m not to worried with it being the middle of the week. The little one will be focused on sand and water and seagulls, not so much other entertainment. We plan on hanging by the water for a few hours, eating lunch, then probably heading home.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
            Heading to Galveston early in the morning with our 2yo. Any suggestions on a less crowded area, beach wise? I’m not to worried with it being the middle of the week. The little one will be focused on sand and water and seagulls, not so much other entertainment. We plan on hanging by the water for a few hours, eating lunch, then probably heading home.
            The surf is awesome right now. Head on over to the West End and pull in at the Surf at Jamaica Beach.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post

The state park on the west end is where we usually camp when we go there.
              They have a parking area for day visitors and one stroll (under 200 yds mostly paved) over the dunes and you’re on the beach with very few other people. I can usually look up or down the 1.5 miles stretch of state park land (according to google earth) and see usually under 10 other families.

This is a more family oriented option, if you wanna have cars and trucks drive up and down blaring their boom boom music while you watch perps sporting the latest swim wear strut by, this beach might not be your thing.

We go to Surfside for that vibe. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL ^^^

Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was looking for. Definitely going with family in mind.

Comment

Black Pearl oyster bar and Mama Theresa’s flying pizza. My wife and I always yelp
                  Restaurants and find the local spots. We were there 3 weeks ago and some of the best Italian and sea food I’ve had. Both in town Galveston 5 miles or so from Moody Gardens. They are both must eat places I promise

Comment

Sea Wolf Park and the San Jacinto Monument, if you have the time.

Comment

Jamaica beach. Easy access.

Comment

Working...
                      X