This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    Jimbo doing more damage with Texas HC's. Michael Johnson is no Snowflake!

Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher stopped by Dallas Bishop Dunne on Thursday, and he made a very quick impression.

"It was great. He's a great coach, a great person," Bishop Dunne head coach Michael Johnson said. "It was the first time I've had the opportunity to meet him, and he has a huge plan for what he wants to do at Texas A&M. He was talking about the support he has with the administration, the support he has with the fanbase, the support he has with pretty much the whole alumni base which is one of the largest alumni bases in the world and I didn't know that until it was brought to my attention."

Bishop Dunne is home to top 2019 safety Brian Williams and 2019 athlete Marquez Beason. Both have A&M offers and both were offered by Fisher at Florida State, and Fisher being at A&M has perked their interest in the Aggie program.

It meant a lot to coach Johnson that the first stop in the DFW area was to Bishop Dunne.

"It's definitely an honor because the caliber of coach, a national championship winning coach, and we haven't had that come in our building since Mack Brown," Johnson said. "So it was exciting. Our administration was excited and he brings a certain type of charisma about himself. He's special and you can tell."

Coach Price was also with coach Fisher.
    Not a public school

Comment

Originally posted by BOPO View Post
      Texas people know not to go there.

They're too busy with dildo rallies, pool parties and man kissing.
      Originally posted by BOPO View Post
      You might need to start wearing a helmet, reading more, and getting fitted for spectacles.

Looks like the TxAggie02 sock is back under a new name.....

Somebody list all his names again for us. I have forgotten.

He loved him some bagel bites
      Last edited by Smart; 12-07-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Mond is no Manziel and never will be. I started watching Manziel when he was playing at Kerrville. He was the greatest high school player that I ever saw and was the only player on the team that received a college offer in football. No matter if you were a follower of A&M football, you were watching the Aggies. Half were wanting him to get killed while the other half were loving it...but all were amazed at his skills.
        Mond was thrown in too early but in my opinion, rather than improve, he actually digressed. He does not see the field and did a poor job reading defenses. He can tuck the ball and run well at times.
        My nephew was the OC at Steele when they played K'ville. Malcolm Brown was Steele's big gun but four or five others off that team received D1 offers. Johnny was responsible for like 8 touchdowns and pulled out a win. The next year, I was visiting with my Nephew at Thanksgiving and he said that it was so nice to see that Nick Saban couldn't find a way to stop Johnny either.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

LOL! I think you meant to say:

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          It’s amazing how quickly Gary Roberson has given up on Mond...
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

College Football - Bowl Thread

I'm actually surprised at the number of current commits planing to sign early.

Of the 18 currently committed, 12 have said they'll sign on the 20th. Now it looks like 15 will sign on the 20th and 7 will early enroll.

I didn't think the early period would have that much of an impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              I'm actually surprised at the number of current commits planing to sign early.

Of the 18 currently committed, 12 have said they'll sign on the 20th. Now it looks like 15 will sign on the 20th and 7 will early enroll.

I didn't think the early period would have that much of an impact.

I think the general thinking is if you don't sign in December then you aren't really committed. December to February will probably be more crazy than ever before for those that don't sign early plus a lot of guys that don't have their grades squared away by the end of fall semester.
              Last edited by eradicator; 12-07-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
                Bob just likes to ruffle feathers. Jimbo is supposed to go 9-3 in his first season but it is a ok for tommy boy to go 6-6 and need some time.
                Expectations should be higher. TH was $25 million guaranteed, JF is $75 million guaranteed. JF has more to work with than TH had in his first year.

Tom Herman took over a team whose previous 3 seasons were:
                6-7 overall and 5-4 in conference
                5-7 overall and 4-5 in conference
                5-7 overall and 3-6 in conference

Jimbo took over a team whose previous 3 seasons were:
                8-5 overall and 4-4 in conference
                7-5 overall and 4-4 in conference (with bowl game still to be played)

Improve by 1 win in first season is 6-7 for TH and 9-4 for JF. Neither is OK. Both will need time to get where they need to be. Would be nice for both to be 10+ wins and start playing each other again.

Comment

Looks like the accusations against Rodney Anderson were a load of crap and there is no evidence that any of it was truthful

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                    Looks like the accusations against Rodney Anderson were a load of crap and there is no evidence that any of it was truthful

That's pretty much where I figured that deal was headed.

Comment

That Herm hire at ASU is gonna be something to watch, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                        If that is true hopefully he gets to play in the game.

Comment

Looks that way. I hope they bring charges against the accuser

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            That Herm hire at ASU is gonna be something to watch, lol.

I got an email back from the University president today after I voiced my displeasure. He copied the AD but I doubt I will hear back. We are going to be the laughing stock for the next few years. His press conference provided plenty
                            of fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                              Expectations should be higher. TH was $25 million guaranteed, JF is $75 million guaranteed. JF has more to work with than TH had in his first year.

Tom Herman took over a team whose previous 3 seasons were:
                              6-7 overall and 5-4 in conference
                              5-7 overall and 4-5 in conference
                              5-7 overall and 3-6 in conference

Jimbo took over a team whose previous 3 seasons were:
                              7-5 overall and 4-4 in conference (with bowl game still to be played)

Improve by 1 win in first season is 6-7 for TH and 9-4 for JF. Neither is OK. Both will need time to get where they need to be. Would be nice for both to be 10+ wins and start playing each other again.
                              How do you think recruiting classes and apparent talent affect where a coach should be in any given timeframe?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the same thing happen to Frank Shannon and OU still made him sit out a year due to title 9? He was never charged or arrested.

Comment

Working...
                                X