No announcement yet.

Lake Lewisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago, TPWD do stocked six sets of Rios on the south side of Lake Lewisville at the LISDOLA. They could have migrated to the north side maybe. And I know I saw a turkey one day in a field off 428 before the greenbelt. That is just a small bit away from where you are.

It would be totally awesome to see a somewhat huntable population of them here in Denton county, because I can remember when there were no deer around these parts.

Comment

Yeah that was the first time I've ever seen turkeys out there. I try to get out there at least once or twice a week w my kids. Caught a nice sized catfish yesterday w my son out there.

Comment

Out here now waiting to see if hogs show up after the rain we got

Comment

Well...I suck. Saw a hog snuck up on him. He was about 40 yards out he turned and busted me. I took the shot and missed. Then right at dark had a pack of 30 come out my buddy flanked em, and they came right to me. Down on 1 knee I tried to shoot the lead hog and missed again. They all broke I had a piglet I could of kicked w my foot. We ll it was a good hunt. Promised my buddy hogs took my son who is not even quiet, and yes we both got shots off, but no kills.

Comment

Anybody know where to launch a boat on Lake Lewisville during duck season? From what I see online, all of the boat ramps close overnight and open no earlier than 7am.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on how big of boat your talking. You gota get creative w it

Comment

Originally posted by skudbucket View Post
                Anybody know where to launch a boat on Lake Lewisville during duck season? From what I see online, all of the boat ramps close overnight and open no earlier than 7am.

There are some ramps available 24/7. They either have automated kiosks or don't require fees.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJake View Post
                  There are some ramps available 24/7. They either have automated kiosks or don't require fees.

Thanks. I will call around once there are more ramps open to ask. I think there are only 2 or 3 ramps open on the lake right now.

Comment

Shoot me a pm with area you are interested in.

Comment

Hogs hogs and more hogs.

Comment

Hog processor

Hey guys. I'm moving to Hickory Creek in late September from Ga. Where is a good hog processor when I do shoot a hog in the future? Thanks for any help, try to stay dry.

Comment

Lake Lewisville

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
                          Hey guys. I'm moving to Hickory Creek in late September from Ga. Where is a good hog processor when I do shoot a hog in the future? Thanks for any help, try to stay dry.

I use Ye ole Butcher in Plano

There is also a place on 380 called the Outpost in between Denton and McKinney
                          A member here just took it over. Might be worth a shot, before he took it over I wasn't thrilled with the processing from them. Tried it twice.
                          Nothing bad just like Ye Ole Butchers sausage much better

Comment

Thanks for info. Probably be moving late July, gonna hit Oklahoma to deer scout a bit before heading to Colorado to elk hunt in August. Gonna be a adjustment for sure.

Comment

Put your nose to the ground. You will find them

Comment

Man, stumbling on this thread makes me even more bummed about being out of state for work when permits were released. I sure could use a close huntin' spot to scratch the itch. Don't get to go all that often when my other spots are 2 hours away. How are the pigs this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X