No announcement yet.

Lake Lewisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went this am it was the slowest it's been all season. Luckily I had a really good spot, it's been a long season for me. Glad ducks are over. I did manage to find the pig super highway finally, now to be on pig patrol and pick one off.

Comment

Hey Pervis -

I went out earlier this week and found what you had previously found: deer tracks but no pigs (in a place where there used to be TONS).

Glad your subsequent trip led to the "superhighway". Water lever is still really high. I am going to try to north of where I usually go and see what I can find.

Comment

Yeah they've totally gotten moved by the high water. Like u said areas where there used to be tons are now only tracked by deer. The game has changed w the flooding. IL be out today later trying myself again.

Comment

Well I found em. Yet to lay eyes on em in this particular spot, I did get em on cam at 840pm. W the cloud cover moving in today I'm on my way now to see if they're out during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
            Not really, watched ducks the other day, went out today, found a ladder stand in one spot, hogs tracks all around it, found a hanging bucket feeder along w a tree stand, came across a fresh pile of pig poo. No pigs seen though. Last yr every time I went I'd either see em or get a shot at em. But it was later on in the season though, like Jan Feb march.
            Please report ladder stands, feeders and other illegal stuff to a game warden. Take a GPS reading to send them and they normally will collect the stuff. People that don't care about the rules for hunting hogs are likely poaching deer too. I hunt alone a lot and I feel better hunting around honest people than crooks so let's do our best to discourage those folks from hunting the little public land we have.

Comment

Well not a bust, saw 3 deer, ducks, dove, and had a big black pig cross me at 101 yrds. No shot but I did see one

Comment

I've been looking at coming out to Lewisville to see about getting a hog. I feel like I have the only 105 acres of land in East Texas that doesn't have hogs on it. Plus, my desire to drive two hrs is nil... This post has been really helpful. At least I know they are out there and someone has ACTUALLY laid eyes on them. Now to pay my dues and put in the work to find the "Super Highway" - that's funny.

pervis - I may hit you up. I'm in Coppell and get off work at 3pm, so running up to Lewisville or Grapevine is NO problem.

Comment

Sounds good. Let me know. Went today. Sat on the super highway and it was awesome.

Comment

Well, it never suprises me...went out today, just to ride around no bow no shotgun, just me and the kids. Went to check to see if the water levels had come down. And today I got to see an animal I've never seen on public before. TuRKEYS. Like I said never suprises me, no gun no bow and it's turkey season and sob I had two walk out in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                      Well, it never suprises me...went out today, just to ride around no bow no shotgun, just me and the kids. Went to check to see if the water levels had come down. And today I got to see an animal I've never seen on public before. TuRKEYS. Like I said never suprises me, no gun no bow and it's turkey season and sob I had two walk out in front of me.
                      The season doesn't start until the 2nd of April, right?

Comment

Honestly, Ive tried to hunt spring turkey many yrs ago. That was the only time. I'd have to Google the dates. Those were the only 2 thunder chickens I've ever seen out there.

Comment

April 2 thru may 15 for north zone spring turkey

Comment

Wow - Turkeys Pervis? That's awesome. I have wondered if there were any around Lewisville. But all my "knowledgeable" hunting buddies said no way. Interesting......

Comment

I've got pictures. That was the only two I've ever seen out there.

Comment

I live close to lake lew and have seen Turkey walking through the neighborhood on occasion. Just kinda seems like you have to be in the right place right time, I do not think the population is huge. I think there are a lot more closer to Ray Roberts. Good luck to y'all.

Comment

Working...
                                X