Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Spine Arrow Weight for Bowtech Destroyer

Hey-

Can someone plug my specs into their arrow weight program and let me know what spine weight arrow I should be shooting.

Bowtech Destroyer 340 (70 lb)
    Peep, nock vs no nock (loop)
    Relase Aid
    26 3/4 to 27 inch draw length
    100 g points

Just by looking at your specs and knowing what I have seen work on similar specs with those type bows probably a 300spine.Maybe less if your arrow is 26" or less.

Comment

340 or a gt300
      a gt300 with be a little stiff but I bet it will still shoot good.

Comment

Are you guys sure? I was shooting 400's with my black ice.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM SHARK View Post
          Are you guys sure? I was shooting 400's with my black ice.
          I am sure that 400s are to weak yes!

Comment

At that draw weight, it will probably be Carbon Express 350's. I have the exact same specs except I pull 60 lbs, and I shoot CE 250 Maxima's. They fly awesome!

Comment

Looks like I need new arrows. So the bigger the size (350 vs 400) the lighter the arrow?

Comment

Also, I was shooting Easton ST Axis (n-fused) with my black ice. According to their generic chart, they say that size shaft will work for my new bow. What do you all think? It will work, but not fly as good as the 350's.
                Last edited by TEAM SHARK; 01-27-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

all the charts have you in the equivelant of the 400 spine.

tricky thing with the more aggressive bow designs is that even though you may be solidly in the 400 range the 340 deflection might group and tune better.

Me . . . . id buy a half dozen or fewer of each and see which one gives me the best tune.

Comment

are you shooting at 70 and is that your intention? Honestly even at 70 the easton chart shows you solidly in the 400's. The short arrow length does them same as stiffening an arrow so thats why it's recommending that.

when you tune with the 400 you may have to pull a pound or two out to get everything grouped on top of each other, I personally think the 400 is gonna give you the most flexibility. If you do 340 and decide you want to lower weight your gonna overspine by a lot.

Comment

I have seen bows like the destoyer and monster type bows take one and even two spines above what those charts say to tune correctly!

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                        all the charts have you in the equivelant of the 400 spine.

tricky thing with the more aggressive bow designs is that even though you may be solidly in the 400 range the 340 deflection might group and tune better.

Me . . . . id buy a half dozen or fewer of each and see which one gives me the best tune.
                        I am confused. You said that the 340 deflection might group and tune better, but then you follow up with saying that the 400 range is more flexible.

I plan to shoot 70 lb and my arrow length is 27 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                          I have seen bows like the destoyer and monster type bows take one and even two spines above what those charts say to tune correctly!

Is that a smaller size (350 vs 400)?

Comment

Originally posted by Flatliner View Post
                            340 or a gt300
                            a gt300 with be a little stiff but I bet it will still shoot good.
                            These are made by Goldtip and I think would be a good choice.I had a Monster at 63# and shot the GT300 at 28"draw with a 27" arrow and they tuned well even though they were probably on the stiff side.I believe they would be perfect for you!

Comment

I shoot a D350 @ 65 pounds. 28'' DL not sure what my arrow length is.
                              Shooting 400 ST Epic's. I have noticed my group is not as good as it used to be with my Diamond Justice. Previously I shot Radial x weave 300's and was very impressed. The diamond was set at 67 pounds. Obviously it was slower than the d350. My next arrows will be 300's.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X