Damaged nerve in finger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged nerve in finger?

Anybody ever done it? Did it heal on its own? Pulled way too hard on a trotline string two days ago and the outer half of my right index finger has been numb since. Very annoying not being able to feel anything. Just getting a card out of a wallet, typing, etc is tough. Muscles seem to work fine.

give it time.....

Comment

I did something similar with a 20 lb. bag of ice a few years ago. Had my hands full and decided to put the string on my right hand ring finger. It tingled for about a week if I remember correctly, then went away.

Comment

I had a horseshoe nail rip through my finger tip about 20yrs ago, for about 3 years it was pretty sensitive to touch but now it’s not bad at all just a light tingle.

Comment

Nerves regenerate/grow back, but slowly compared to muscles and bones, so be patient.

Comment

Cut my thumb real bad and it took the nerve awhile to heal
            At first I was like oh man this isn’t good, as it slowly healed one day I was like hay this thing finally healed, slow healing no instant recovery

Comment

Soak it in cider, should make it feel better!

Comment

It’ll come around. Cut my thumb one time and it felt a little goofy for a couple of weeks but it came around.

Comment

I dang near cut off my left hand index finger at the second knuckle a three years ago on a mission trip. Kinda scared the crap out of me. Lost a lot of use in that finger for a year, then it started getting better and better. I can play guitar again now, and that’s nice. So I guess I’m in good shape now.

Comment

I had a piece of steel go through my left hand many years ago. Cut nerves and could not feel pinkeye, or ring fingers. Surgery to fix and was about 5 years before it was back to normal

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                      Soak it in cider, should make it feel better!
                      I see what you did there!

Comment

Take Advil for the week. It will not only help for the minor discomfort, but mainly the anti inflammatory ingredient will reduce the internal swelling of the damaged nerves so they will heal faster.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

I cut the nerve on one side of my index finger. Surgeon reconnected the nerve so I had feeling but it was several years until full feeling returned.

Comment

Yep for years. My middle finger on both hands must have only one nerve. When someone gets on that last nerve, that middle finger pops up faster than I can control it. I've learned to cope.

Comment

Working...
                            X