No announcement yet.

50+? Get Vaccinated!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have suffered through shingles twice in my life.. Once at 25 years old and once again, last year, at 52 years old.. THEY SUCK....
    I debated getting the vaccination and have declined after reading the negative side affects and success ratios..... Ill take my chances..
    Good luck . It will get better eventually....

Comment

Originally posted by KIETHSTONE View Post
      Does it matter if as a youth I never had a chicken pox outbreak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      did you have the vaccine for chicken pox? im about the last generation to not have the vaccine when kids still got chickenpox regularly and im early 30s

if no to both then you would have to have chicken pox first is my understanding. if youve had the vaccine then yeah you can still get shingles later.

if youve never had either then someone with shingles can actually give you chicken pox as its the same varicella virus (shingles is just what can come back to bite you later after having the vaccine or chickenpox)

Comment

Healthy living trumps vaccinating for shingles (and a lot of other vaccines for that matter).

Comment

I just got the shinglx or whatever it's called. Doctor recommended it. My Dad had them and I remember how bad they hurt him so I got the vaccination.

Comment

Originally posted by Beards&Spurs View Post
            Healthy living trumps vaccinating for shingles (and a lot of other vaccines for that matter).
            Has NOTHING TO DO with healthy living per Shingles man? With non healthy habits, sure, but really, really??

Comment

I got shingles when I was 30, sucked.

Comment

Working...
              X