What to do with unwanted Hog meat??? Milam Co area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
    Oh snap. I see it clear as day!!! One of those forest for the trees thing.
    So are we at 80 hogs in one picture?

Comment

I drive through Milam county weekly and carry a Benelli shotgun with magazine extension. Just saying I could kill a bunch and drag em off if you don't want them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

2 words... Tannerite
        Ha!!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
          How many pigs are in this picture??? Holly cow you have a problem sir! I would think there has to be something... A shelter or something that would take it.
          Agree..Tannerite!

Comment

someone is buying them there in Milam county and shipping them over seas...

My uncle has a boar buster in Milano and gets .35 a pound.....takes 20 to 30 a week to her

Comment

Call your local processor. Sometimes they will have an organization that they will process and donate the meat too or if you find an organization to donate it too they will process it for free. One processor here donates to a church food pantry and I've heard of folks donating the meat to a local veteran's assistance center.

Comment

2 words... Tannerite
                What he said, surrounded in nails, screws, marbles, ball bearings and anything else you think might make good shrapnel lol

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                  So are we at 80 hogs in one picture?
                  Hate to say it, but 78. I'll ask rainman how many crawfish are in my sacks at Bownanza 2018.

Comment

One of the guys here takes them in for processing into ground meat and donates it all to a local food pantry--

Comment

Don't feel bad about killing them and feeding the buzzards!

Comment

2 words... Tannerite
                        This^^^^^would be a blast (pun intended)

Comment

Kudos for trying to make use of the meat rather than wasting. As others have suggested contact local processors and see about finding a few families to donate too

Comment

Dang that's a bunch of hog! Good luck

Comment

Get a few buddies with unplugged shotguns and some #4 buckshot. As far as meat, I give it away to all who will take it. That is usually everyone in my family. They will have them processed. Not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                Don't feel bad about killing them and feeding the buzzards!
                                This. Kill as many as you can, use what you need, and leave the rest laying. You'll still be feeding other animals.

Comment

Working...
                                X