Let's Try This Again (Black Bear)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Try This Again (Black Bear)

Since I did not connect on my hunt back in September, I still need a black bear. I was in touch with Tony at Squapan Mountain Outfitters and they are signing up spots for 2018. I, along with my brother, am going back to Maine to hunt with them in early Sept 2018. Again this will be a trad camp with the boys from Black Widow in attendance.

Last hunt was not successful with only one bear taken out of 20 hunters. The one bear taken was with a muzzleloader, as the hunter hurt his shoulder at the last minute and couldn't pull his widow. In checking with other outfitters, Squapan was not the only outfit that was affected. I did have one bear that came into my ground blind and even though he was within 14 yds I never had a shot. There were also a couple of bears missed.

Tony, the outfitter, and his crew did everything they could and I don't fault them for the lack of bears. This was a fun camp, and I was only 1 (this may change before next hunt) out of 3 people that wasn't shooting a black widow bow. Since the one bear taken was not with a trad bow, no Black Widow was given away on this hunt.

May it be a complete opposite of last year and a Widow be yours!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you get it done Phillip!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go for the best, and hope it works out.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck, now go get em!!!

Comment

2018 is your year!

Comment

Good Luck, 2018 will be your year!

Comment

Sorry you didn’t connect Phillip. It took me 3 attempts before I got mine last year. Keep at it and you will score. Best of luck in 2018.

Comment

Good Luck Phillip! We are getting closer to the Hog Hunt. Cant wait.

Comment

Thanks. Todd, I am so ready for the Hog Hunt.

Comment

Working...
                        X