Clear All

Originally posted by EricMolina View Post
    I don't understand what do people get from hunting down innocent animals

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
      Intruder alert, intruder alert!!!
      This is great lol

Comment

But - meat comes from the grocery store, right?

Comment

Insert sarcasm above...

Comment

Cuz them poor little innocent animals taste great and are prolly smarter than you are anyways.

Comment

You must only eat animals that commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by soutexbowhunter View Post
                Hey guys I've never been hunting on public land. Was wondering how it worked and since I live in South Texas where would be a good place to go for my first Public hunt besides the Aransas Wildlife Refuge considering it is only for set dates and all the permits are probably bought.

If I want to hunt DCNF or SHNF does that require a lot of scouting or would going in blind for a weekend trip good?

Being from South Texas I've never hunted out of a tree stand is that all that is used for hunting up east?
                I hightly recommend a climbing tree stand or a ladder stand (wear a harness) as the undergrowth come up to my shoulders at times ( I'm 6'5"). As far as scouting goes, it is always best to scout the area several months ahead of time. But you can bring them in with scents, calls and rattles. I would find a nice part in one of the National Forests. Follow this link for some good information and frequently asked questions about Hunting in the National Forests and Grasslands in Texas. http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...prd3831316.pdf

Good luck and happy hunting

Fill the Freezer and the Wall

Comment

Cause I like wearing their skins as loin cloths

Comment

Originally posted by soutexbowhunter View Post
                    Hey guys I've never been hunting on public land. Was wondering how it worked and since i live in South Texas where would be a good place to go for my first Public hunt besides the Aransas Wildlife Refuge considering it is only for set dates and all the permits are probably bought.

If I want to hunt DCNF or SHNF does that require a lot of scouting or would going in blind for a weekend trip good?

Being from South Texas I've never hunted out of a tree stand is that all that is used for hunting up east?
                    There's not much around here but Amistad in over in Del Rio. You buy a $20 permit and can hunt all season long and they also have a extended exotic season for muflon and audad. Bow only.. We will probably be going this year because we didn't get drawn for anything else
                    Last edited by yanta61; 09-24-2015, 08:25 AM.

Comment

My brother-in-law, while in college at SFA, went hiking one day in Sabine NF. Found some rub marks on some small pines by a creek. Went and bought a six foot ladder at Wal-Mart. Went the next day and sat on that ladder by the creek. Put an arrow through the biggest deer he had and still has ever killed. A big east Texas ten point. So no, not a lot of scouting is needed, if your lucky. Ive never been that lucky....

Comment

Will be trying public hunting for the first time in Texas myself, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X