No announcement yet.

Hill Country Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carson that tank will pay dividends! Glad to see you adding this.

Comment

Nice.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

way cool!!!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Looks like a super nice place.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Looks good. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Was out at the property over Christmas and was able to get the cabin primed but got froze out before we could get it painted. Got really chilly out there with no heat, when the highs wouldn’t break 30 degrees.

Met with Greg and he witched the property again, should start digging the well in 4-5 months when he does a neighbors well. Not going to be a fun check to write.

I had a second GC, Tommy. Who looked like an obese Santa Clause, but decked out in denim instead of a red suit. Had about half a can of Cope in his mouth and the other half in his beard. I was worrying about him living long enough to complete the project. And my reservations turned out to be valid as he finally texted me back to tell me he wasn’t answering his phone because he was in the hospital getting some of his intestines removed and when he got out, he wasn’t planning on working on my cabin.

Ran out to the property again on MLK weekend. And met with another GC, Castaneda. He seems eager for the work and hopefully will treat me better that the 60 year old gringos that flaked out on me. He is supposed to finish the painting, move the stairs, frame the bathroom, and start on electrical.

Was able to get a few layers of paint down, which makes it look so much better. I had a buddy whose wife is a decorator and was able to get some Sherwin Williams paint cheap. All in was about $500.

I am looking to do a mini split for the AC and heat. Probably one for the 1st floor and 1 for the 2nd floor. Was thinking I will need something about 24,000 BTUs combined. Anyone have any suggestions one where to pick on up, or brand? I was looking at the Mitsubishis.

Am planning on doing R22 batt insulation on the walls. And am thinking about doing foam board for the ceiling, cant say I have too much experience with either. Any advice would be appreciated here too.

Was able to pick up some 100 year old barn tin that i am planning on using for teh ceiling. Met with jaspermac, and picked up and planted 10 oak trees (they looked better before the ride in the bed of the truck removed most of the leaves). Met with puncher51 and picked up some older tripods, both stand up TBHers.

Updated the layout too. Going to frame a bathroom for the downstairs, and leave the upstairs as is for now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Carson,

you might look into the Spray foam stuff for insulation.

I believe it is more Mouse proof than the R22 you mentioned.

Once mouse **** gets in your walls it is virtually impossible to get rid of.

Just my $0.02

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Looks Awesome!

Comment

Man, super cool. I too have some pretty rough land out by Enchanted Rock. I may have to pick your brain once you're done. Haven't decided what we're doing yet out there.

Comment

For your mini-split check out Pat's services out of Harper. He did mine and is a stand up guy. Also for the insulation check out Comfort Seal Insulation in Kerrville. They did my cabin in just one day.

Comment

looking forward to an update.

Comment

so glad I found this post! talking to the wife now...

Comment

Working...
                                X