Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best .40 cal pistol for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for Glock. I bought a 23 about 5 years ago and its been a great little gun. Never missfired, jammed, stovepiped, or anything like that. Mine rides in a holster whenever Im at the lease, gets muddy, dusty, bloody and used quite a bit. I once went a whole year without cleaning it at all and it never missed a beat. I did break the front sight off of it once when shooting pigs out of traps. I geuss it hit the cage when the gun cycled. Didnt even notice until I got home and went to clean the gun. 10 bucks and it was fixed. Get a gen3 though, the texture on the gen4 grips is no bueno.($.02)

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
      If only they had had a loaded chamber indicator!! Would never have happened
      Arent all guns supposed to be 'treated like they are loaded'.. ?

<stirpot>

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        I think the "well priced" request kind of drops the USP out of the running.
        Just picked up a second one for $500

Comment

hate glock! Go XDM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Arent all guns supposed to be 'treated like they are loaded'.. ?

<stirpot>
            Not if you have an xd. They only shoot when you want them to

Comment

XD compact.

But, it really depends on what feels right to you. I personably don't like the feel of a Glock. Doesn't mean their not a good gun.

Best advice, go shot some. Pick the one that feels bet to you.

If its for carry, then that changes the criteria. Reliability is very high on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
                Which gun was used when the officer accidentally shot the perp in the back that was lying on the ground, Glock.

Which gun was used when the cop accidentally shot himself in the foot while in front of a class, Glock.

Yep, you can't put a safety on stupid either
                So an xD with a grip safety would have stopped any of those?

Point an xD at your foot with a loaded chamber and pull the trigger and you will get the same result. Stupid doesn't change by name on the side of the slide.

Comment

For the money I would do this
                  taurus 40 cal

Comment

They are a little pricey, but I love my HK 40 in stainless, just feels right in my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      So an xD with a grip safety would have stopped any of those?

Point an xD at your foot with a loaded chamber and pull the trigger and you will get the same result. Stupid doesn't change by name on the side of the slide.
                      My point was that you have to be three times as stupid to shoot yourself accidentally with an XD

Comment

My favorites are the XD 40 and SW 99 and M&P. All great pistols,but what it really boils down to is your max dollar allowance and ultimatley what feels comfortable to you and is the most user friendly.Not sure if Carter Country allows you to shoot some pistols before you buy .I know there are places out there like that and that would be in your neck of the woods.My best advise would just be to try a few out if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
                          My point was that you have to be three times as stupid to shoot yourself accidentally with an XD
                          Another strong point for the glock.

Cleans up the gene pool

Comment

I have the ruger SR40. I rally like it. It has all the safety features too. Trigger safety, a flip safety, and a loaded loaded chamber indicator. 500$ and feels really good. Gets better the more I shoot it.

Comment

I'll throw one out there that nobody has mentioned. The S&W M&P 40 is a good one, and well priced. I have the compact version, but I can't shoot it worth a lick. The full size version was a tack driver though.

Comment

I'm not a pistol guru as the only one I've ever shot is mine but it's never let me down.

Glock 23

Comment

Working...
                                X