No announcement yet.

Getting tired of the outdoor channel shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I opened up my Apple IPhone and clicked on Texasbowhunter.com to read this while wearing a Wrangler shirt and jeans, Ariat boots sitting in my Ford F-150 while waiting for my food to be brought out from Whataburger.

Comment

when your hunting shows start to drive you nuts-- get outside!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
        problem is it costs these shows quite a bit of money to air there shows on the outdoor channel and sportsman channel, like a lot, so I don't hate on these shows for overloading on sponsors but that doesn't mean we have to watch them....their still is some great content on those channels, better than watching a lot of other crap on tv

for example, last time I looked at the stats it costed a tv show almost 250,000 to start a show on the outdoor channel and like 10 grand an episode, might be different now but I mean if you're paying that much in showrunning then Its only common sense to offset it with sponsors
        Randy Newberg discussed this on a show or podcast when he was asked about going to YouTube full time. Said he was paying to have a show on a tv channel, now he gets paid to have one on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
          Randy Newberg discussed this on a show or podcast when he was asked about going to YouTube full time. Said he was paying to have a show on a tv channel, now he gets paid to have one on YouTube.
          yeah if you have a good following and history like randy does it would be a no brainer....kinda set your own schedule, your own editing, own sponsors, and get paid for the ads because of the subscription's and so on...if the Outdoor and SPRTSMAN channel didn't charge so much I believe the content would be so much better because the showrunners would focus more on the actual content/editing/filming/hunting ect instead of trying to cram all the sponsors in there

Comment

I agree most of the shows now are pretty poor. I do like Shockey's stuff

Comment

I tape a few and only watch the live hunting portions

Comment

I hadn't watched them in years. I had my surgery and was home bound a couple of weeks. Tried to watch them but like the OP said nothing but a commercial. I did record a bunch of Lone Star law shows than goodness.

Comment

I ignore that stuff and watch because at least someone is outside hunting. Plus, if someone offered me free stuff and paid for my hunts, I would say what they told me to say! I wish APR would sponsor me!

Comment

Agreed. I used to love hunting shows. Most have morphed into a 30 minute infomercial. I can only stomach a few and DVR then to fast forward thru their commercials. Shockey, Wells and the pig man ate about the only ones I can watch.

Comment

What most don't know is that a lot of those shows are paid spots by the shows themselves. They have to plug thier sponsors throughout the shows and have you noticed the commercials within the shows are those of their sponsors. That's because they produce the whole thing and then pay a channel like Outdoors to run it on.
                      Unless it is something like the Duck Commander series, the channels don't buy shows, they sell spots.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                        What most don't know is that a lot of those shows are paid spots by the shows themselves. They have to plug thier sponsors throughout the shows and have you noticed the commercials within the shows are those of their sponsors. That's because they produce the whole thing and then pay a channel like Outdoors to run it on.
                        Unless it is something like the Duck Commander series, the channels don't buy shows, they sell spots.
                        exactly so im not going to bash the shows, its the networks having the shows behind in profit loss trying to make it up in sponsor in most of the time a 30 minuet window, that's why only certain shows last a certain amount of time because if you can't produce a quality show you're going to lose money

Comment

I used to like Jimmy Big Time. I only saw 1 season and it was gone.

Comment

yup trash.... Watch "The Hunting Public" on YOUTUBE. They're the best hunting show there is.

Comment

The only one I go out of my way to record & watch anymore is Heartland Bowhunter

Comment

Youtube is where it is at.

Born And Raised Outdoors
                                Bear Hunting Magazine
                                Clay Hayes
                                Elk101
                                Randy Newberg
                                Midwest Whitetail
                                Midwest Whitetail Daily
                                Midwest Whitetail Regional
                                Primos Hunting
                                SEEK ONE