X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds great!

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
      So you can cook the mix with apples in it, strain it then add fresh apples to the jars ?

Yep. Exactly what we did

Comment

Apple cider, apple juice, white sugar, brown sugar, apples, cinnamon sticks, regular cinnamon, nutmeg. Hopefully curt will chime in with details

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
          FYI, it is legal to make moonshine for personal consumption meaning distill your own but selling, it is prohibited.
          You might wanna check the Texas statutes on distilling liquor .........just sayin.

As for the stuff ya'll are makin that's all legal unless your sellin it. It equates to mixing a cocktail. No laws broken.

Comment

The apple pie shine is good with vanilla vodka or whipped cream vodka, makes it pretty dang tasty !!!!!

Comment

I made my first batch with the intent of giving it away for Christmas. Forget that!

I like it, but I noticed when I drink it I have a hard time falling asleep. My husband thinks I'm an alcoholic now. The fist sip, for me, was stout, but by the time I finished the first glass, I couldn't taste the alcohol. Hmmmm

Comment

Had trouble finding Apple cider, surprisingly sold out at a couple places I checked tonight. Does it need to be the fresh refrigerated apple cider or will the room temperature cider sold on the shelves work? They sure are much different looking

Comment

1/2 gal apple juice
                  1/2 gal apple cider
                  1 cup white sugar
                  1 cup dark brown sugar
                  6 cinnamon sticks
                  1 tablespoon of cinnamon
                  1 teaspoon of nutmeg
                  8 Apples

Combine all ingredients in a pot, slice up apples into wedges. Add the apples to the mix, no need to core them.
                  Bring all the ingredients and bring to a boil, once it starts to roll turn down to simmer, simmer and keep checking your apples for softness. After about 10 minutes of simmering remove from heat and let stand. Keep pressing your apples for softness and get the flavor in the pot.
                  Once they are really soft strain through cheese cloth, smash the apples in the cheese cloth to get the juice from them.
                  Put pot back on heat and reheat to give a final blend, don't boil.
                  Once heated remove from heat and set in sink with cold water to cool mix. (This may take twice)

Once cooled to luke warm or cooler add 750ml of Everclear, mix and stir well. I also have added more Everclear (another 3/8 bottle) and it will give it a little more kick and still smooth as can be.

Double the recipe and will make 20 or so pints.

Comment

Saw this. Thought I'd share this on here.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Moonshine
                    Ingredients
                    1 750ml bottle of 190 proof everclear – If you can’t get this in your state, a high proof vodka will work also
                    1 750ml bottle of chocolate liqueur – I used Crave Chocolate Truffle
                    2 jars of 32 oz tart cherry juice
                    1 large jar of maraschino cherries
                    1/2 cup brown sugar
                    1/2 cup white sugar
                    Any size mason jars of your choosing
                    Directions
                    To get this chocolate covered cherry moonshine recipe going, bring the cherry juice to a boil in a larger pot. Once boiling, add in the large jar of maraschino cherries and 1/2 cup of both white and brown sugar. Stir for a few minutes until all the sugar is dissolved. At that point, turn the heat off and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
                    Once cooled to room temperature, pour in 2 1/2 cups of the everclear into the mixture along with 1 full cup of the chocolate liqueur. Feel free to add more everclear if you like. The cherry hides the alcohol taste very well so you can probably get away with a whole bottle of the everclear if you are feeling froggy. I like strong booze though so more isn’t a problem for me. I intentionally made this batch a little weaker because I was bringing this for a family gathering and was more concerned with taste than effect. However you roll is up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
                      Saw this. Thought I'd share this on here.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Moonshine
                      Ingredients
                      1 750ml bottle of 190 proof everclear – If you can’t get this in your state, a high proof vodka will work also
                      1 750ml bottle of chocolate liqueur – I used Crave Chocolate Truffle
                      2 jars of 32 oz tart cherry juice
                      1 large jar of maraschino cherries
                      1/2 cup brown sugar
                      1/2 cup white sugar
                      Any size mason jars of your choosing
                      Directions
                      To get this chocolate covered cherry moonshine recipe going, bring the cherry juice to a boil in a larger pot. Once boiling, add in the large jar of maraschino cherries and 1/2 cup of both white and brown sugar. Stir for a few minutes until all the sugar is dissolved. At that point, turn the heat off and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
                      Once cooled to room temperature, pour in 2 1/2 cups of the everclear into the mixture along with 1 full cup of the chocolate liqueur. Feel free to add more everclear if you like. The cherry hides the alcohol taste very well so you can probably get away with a whole bottle of the everclear if you are feeling froggy. I like strong booze though so more isn’t a problem for me. I intentionally made this batch a little weaker because I was bringing this for a family gathering and was more concerned with taste than effect. However you roll is up to you.
                      Looks awesome!!!!! I'll give this one a try.

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                        Had trouble finding Apple cider, surprisingly sold out at a couple places I checked tonight. Does it need to be the fresh refrigerated apple cider or will the room temperature cider sold on the shelves work? They sure are much different looking
                        I prefer the clear type

Comment

When i cant find the bottle cider I have used the package type sold by the hot chocolate and tea with really good results

Comment

This was my thanks giving shot it went well ! Thanx guys
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                              When i cant find the bottle cider I have used the package type sold by the hot chocolate and tea with really good results
                              Market Street and some of the other grocery stores around me sell. A plus is that they sell it in a one gallon glass jug that turns out to be quite handy to temporarily store the moonshine.

Comment

Up

Comment

Working...
                                X