No announcement yet.

Pig Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody has an avatar picture where the pipe was rolled around the post so much its making a crater in the ground.

Comment

I made one and it worked well but I only filled it twice and never hunted it. And unfortunately my camera malfunctioned every time they came in. There was a perfect circle around the t-post where they were working it.

The first time they broke the cable so I had to get a stronger one. I think it's important to use a swivel so the cable doesn't get twisted and break. I also attached it to the t-post with a big ring so the cable wouldn't wrap around the post.

Comment

I have used post hole diggers and dug down 4' or more, fill with corn. Boom looks like a bomb went off. Deer will get on their knees to get some,too.

Comment

I used an old beat up 50 gallon drum. Threw a couple of welds on the joker so I could hook a chain to it then, put some random holes in it and chained it down to a tree. The only problem I had was keeping corn in it. They would empty it every week, but it made plenty of noise and made for easy killin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
            I have used post hole diggers and dug down 4' or more, fill with corn. Boom looks like a bomb went off. Deer will get on their knees to get some,too.
            I have done that too but with hog wild. They will root the heck out of that hole. I used to use this technique to get the hogs coming in and then place a trap over it and bam! Worked like a champ

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
              I have two at the ranch and they will empty them quick once they find them.
              Same experience here. They worked great but once the hogs find them they'll stay till they're empty or until they catch an arrow thru the boilermaker!

Comment

Now that is cool.

Comment

Only problem I have had is the silly squirrels chewing the drilled holes and making them bigger so they can stick there heads in them.

Comment

Cow bell on the end of pipe will help you hear. Or coke cans.

Landscaping light on t post above pig pipe will light up the area.

Comment

I have made and used them several times with success. I use a coated cable dog leash with the screw in thing you by at home depot. they could spin that thing as much as they wanted and it wouldnt knot up. The one I liked the most I had an old cow bell attatched to the end so I new they were there.

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
                        I have two at the ranch and they will empty them quick once they find them. If they somehow get them un attached from whatever you have them hooked to they will take them a ways off and then you have to go find them so make sure your attachment is good.
                        For sure. How far into the brush/cactus can a hog roll/toss/carry a 30-gal barrel? Answer: Don't know as we never found it on our 600ac lease.

Comment

Looking at the picture I don't think this is one of those that's used with corn. I think it's more like a scent dispenser judging by he size of the holes. You hang it from a tree limb and fill it with hog wild or liquid attractant. Hogs will bang on it and the attractant drips out.
                          We put buck candy in ours and the hogs wear them out. We put them along the ranch roads and drive them at night.

Comment

Have a couple and had good success with them.
                            Make sure that you put a swivel of some sort on it or they will twist it up till it binds and will break the stainless cable....been down that road before
                            Will try to dig up a few pics of mine tomorrow

Comment

They don't work.

Comment

Always wanted to build one and try it but.........no gotty no pigs

Comment

Working...
                                X