Bow hunter attacked by black bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow hunter attacked by black bear

Thought this was a cool video. I find bears to be awesome creatures, now if this was a grizzly attack it would of gotten bad. Black bears are like big raccoons to me but this one wasn't happy lol.
    Scroll down to find the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by forest-hunter; 06-18-2017, 07:01 AM.

I thought most bear attacks where from black bear not grizzly. Is that not true? I've never thought of them as raccoons before. Cool video! I bet that guy had a little more excitement than he was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I thought most bear attacks where from black bear not grizzly. Is that not true? I've never thought of them as raccoons before. Cool video! I bet that guy had a little more excitement than he was expecting.
      I bet so. If there's more black bear attacks it's because there is so much more of them. A black bear is usually a docile animal, they're way weaker than a grizz with much shorter claws. A black can scratch you up good, a swipe from a grizz can be fatal with 4 inch claws and tremendous power. 99x out of 100 a strong man could fight off a black, one of the best ways to describe the behavioral difference is the way they act in the traps. The black bear will cowered down and hide and the grizz will be trying to get you through the cage foaming and popping jaws. Happy Father's Day!

Comment

Black bears kill many more people than grizzlies. According to bear "experts" grizzlies attack for defensive reasons. Black bears attack because they want to eat you.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Black bears kill many more people than grizzlies. According to bear "experts" grizzlies attack for defensive reasons. Black bears attack because they want to eat you.
          I'm sorry but they don't I follow every bear attack in North America.

Comment

It's about equal but when a black kills someone they were feeding it or taking a close picture. Grizzly will kill you for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Comment

Also most bear attack victims don't die but you would much rather survive a black than a grizz.

Comment

Actually it's not equal there has been quite a few grizzly deaths in the past few years. I can only recall two black bear deaths and it was A 85 year old woman who fed bears in Montana and a small Asian guy taking selfies with the bear in New Jersey. There has been a plethora of fatal attacks near Yellowstone alone. Combine that with the fact that the black bear is abundant and mr grizzz is an endangered species in the lower 48 only found in 4 states including Alaska.

Comment

I was told that grizzlys attack because of territory. Meaning you invaded theirs or too close to them w Cubs. Best to take the fetal position w hands covering neck, head and face. Grizzly will tear you up but as long as you play dead they will stop.

Black bears on the other hand, usually don't attack. But when they do, you better fight cause they will eat you.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Your gonna have to keep up...lol
                    I too keep up with bear attacks. Don't ask me why.Ill pretty much search every day for any new news. That video was like a month ago
                    Last edited by Passthrough; 06-18-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post
                      I was told that grizzlys attack because of territory. Meaning you invaded theirs or too close to them w Cubs. Best to take the fetal position w hands covering neck, head and face. Grizzly will tear you up but as long as you play dead they will stop.

Black bears on the other hand, usually don't attack. But when they do, you better fight cause they will eat you.

Just my 2 cents.
                      Agreed.

Comment

That's cool pass through! Honestly I saw the video a while back but I just learned how to post links.

Comment

From a recent study.

In an article published in the Journal of Wildlife Management, University of Calgary professor emeritus Dr. Stephen Herrero, University of Calgary graduate Andrew Higgins, and colleagues from the Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife and Brigham Young University analyzed the circumstances of all recorded deaths inflicted by non-captive black bears in North America between 1900 and 2009. The study found that 63 people were killed in 59 incidents in Canada, Alaska and the lower 48 states. The researchers determined that the majority (88%) of fatal attacks involved a bear exhibiting predatory behaviour, and 92% of the predatory bears were males. The authors suggest male black bears have evolved some different behaviours than females.

"Each year there are millions of interactions between people and black bears with no injuries to people. So while the risk is low, it does exist," said Herrero, an expert in bear behaviour and ecology in the U of C's Faculty of Environmental Design. "Our findings raise some important new insights that can be used to better understand the cause of attacks and how they can be avoided in both the front and backcountry."

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post

Just my 2 cents.
                            Hard to play dead when you're screaming and crying like a little girl👍

Comment

I'll punch a grizzly right in its stupid grizzly face. It ain't nothing for me to whip a grizzly bear's azz. Stupid bears. Always roaring and growling, getting everybody all stirred up. The hell outta here with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X