No announcement yet.

Need a redneck hog catcher/killer near New Caney ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I challenge you to find another internet venue were you can get virtually live big game hunting for little or no cost.

Comment

uh... Whiskey was obviously "looking" at something else. LOL...

Comment

The pig didn't think little to no cost, he/she was committed.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
          uh... Whiskey was obviously "looking" at something else. LOL...

I think he had an off day

Comment

The victory walk!

Comment

Nice work men!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpR6LDX63sc"]Monster boar - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I always stumble onto these threads too late! Dang I was right here in New Caney too. Just glad they were able to handle that monster and no one was injured. Her kids are safe to return to the backyard now.

Comment

Well done

Comment

That was a fast little porker!

Comment

This thread is MUCH better than the live action. After reading through here, I've spit Gatorade on my computer screen and have tears rollin down my face.

Wish I could say this was an epic tail of man versus beast, but it just didn't come to be. May faithful lap dog, Whiskey, and I loaded up and headed east looking for trouble not really sure what we were getting ourselves into.

While en route to battleground, I was contacted by AntlerCollector (AC) who offered to join in for moral support as well as being the official videographer. With the potential of today's encounter being epic in nature it had to be documented. My sidekick and I arrived on scene prior to AC and made contact with the poor residents being held captive by said "wild boar". After speaking with the questionable man card holder it was determined that this wild vermin has been a resident of their yard for 3 weeks and they were finally ready to evict the unwanted guest at all costs.

Upon initial inspection of the area, we discovered the field of battle to be roughly 1/2 acre in size with the back half being mostly waist high underbrush. Evidence of the beast was obvious everywhere due to the turned up soil and grass. Unfortunately, having the beast in the area for so long thwarted the questionable nose of my trusty pup and we had to resort to a foot patrol and beating brush in order to locate our quarry. The evil little beast could be hiding anywhere ready to pounce at any moment. We were finally able to located the enemy's position and roust him form his hideout. The chase was on!!!

The "man" of the house was not inaccurate in the least when he described the beast as quick and since he was no taller than a Pekinese it was difficult following his path as he crossed the yard thru the dense jungle, but he was no match for the savage hunters. Before long we were able to determine his two favorite hiding places and a plan was put into action.

Once AC joined the expedition we began pushing Hogzilla from one spot to the next in an effort to tire out the beast hoping he would slow down his Usain Bolt like speed. The plan went off like clock work. The "man of the house", who was armed with a sawed off 12ga loaded with 7 1/2's and posted up in an overwatch position was able to squeeze off a shot just as the beast entered a clearing. The beast was dead, long live the beast!

All kidding aside, this situation could have turned UGLY in a hurry. When the homeowner pulled the trigger, I was probably 15-20 yards behind the pig and almost directly in line with it. I had my head turned scanning the underbrush for the pig when I realized that he was about to fire. At that point it was too late to say anything and the only thing that went through my head was "Oh ****, this is gonna hurt". We all get caught up in the moment sometimes and lose focus, or maybe get too focused, and bad things can happen. In the end, we all went home and he hopefully learned a strong lesson.

The evil little beast could be hiding anywhere ready to pounce at any moment.
                      Last edited by Fargus; 05-18-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Priceless...

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                          This thread is MUCH better than the live action. After reading threw here, I've spit Gatorade on my computer screen and have tears rollin down my face.

Wish I could say this was an epic tail of man versus beast, but it just didn't come to be. May faithful lap dog, Whiskey, and I loaded up and headed east looking for trouble not really sure what we were getting ourselves into. While en route to battleground, I was contacted by AntlerCollector (AC) who offered to join in for moral support as well as being the official videographer. With the potential of today's encounter being epic in nature it had to be documented. My trusty sidekick, Whiskey, and I arrived on scene making contact with the poor residents being held captive by said "wild boar". After speaking with the questionable man card holder it was determined that this wild vermin has been a resident of this yard for the previous 3 weeks and they were ready to evict the unwanted guest. Upon initial inspection of the battle ground, we discovered the field of battle to be roughly 1/2 acre in size and the back half was waist high underbrush. The evil little beast could be hiding anywhere. Evidence of an extended residence was obvious everywhere due to damage caused to the yard. Unfortunately, having the beast in the area for so long thwarted the questionable nose of my trusty pup and we had to resort to beating said brush in order to locate our quarry. The "man" of the house was not inaccurate when he stated that the beast was quick and since he was no taller than Pekinese it was difficult following his path as he crossed the yard thru the dense jungle. In short order, we were able to discover the enemy's primary hideouts as well as the route he preferred between the two. Once AC joined the expedition we began pushing Hogzilla from one spot to the next in an effort to tire out the beast hoping he would slow down his Usain Bolt like speed. The plan went off like clock work. The "man of the house", who was armed with a sawed off 12ga loaded with 7 1/2's and posted up in an overwatch position was able to squeeze off a shot just as the beast entered a clearing. The beast was dead, long live the beast!

All kidding aside, this situation could have turned UGLY in a hurry. When the homeowner pulled the trigger, I was probably 15-20 yards behind the pig and almost directly in line with it. I had my head turned scanning the underbrush for the pig when I realized that he was about to fire. At that point it was too late to say anything and the only thing that went through my head was "Oh ****, this is gonna hurt". We all get caught up in the moment sometimes and lose focus, or maybe get too focused, and bad things can happen. In the end, we all went home and he hopefully learned a strong lesson.

I could tell from the video that you weren't in a good spot for that shot. I would have been a mad mother ****er if I were you lol. glad no one was hurt.

Comment

Let us know how the pork BBQ turns out. Nice to see you again today.

Comment

Great write up Chris. Glad you didn't get **** Cheney'ed!!!!!!! Thanks for responding to the call of duty.

Comment

I'm still so confused as to why somebody didn't walk over to the probable gate and open said gate. Then push pig out of the before mentioned gate. Unless the home owners were just looking for a rodeo. Were it me I'd have made a bait pile and sat in the kitchen with an open window and waited him out.

Comment

Working...
                                X