Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure washers.....Electric versus Gas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Thanks for the link felllas.

Anybody know what the life expectancy of the electric ones are?
    I can't vouch for the life just yet. My electric is going on year three, and it is the first electric for me to have. Much more convenient that the gas one I used to have. Just keep pump oil in it when storing.

Comment

Thanks for the link Axe man...

Originally posted by bobc View Post
      I can't vouch for the life just yet. My electric is going on year three, and it is the first electric for me to have. Much more convenient that the gas one I used to have. Just keep pump oil in it when storing.
      Thanks for the reply bob......which unit are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        I prefer the gas.
        I do too right now....I've had one for 18 ish years.

But I'm intrigued by the aspect of no spills, plus no winterizing and oil changes.....
        Last edited by Smart; 10-26-2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          I had a 2 Husky brand (bought second after 1st played out) that did what I needed them to do.
          When the second one played out, I bought a gas powered.
          I think it's 6 one way, half dozen the other ... you're either going to fool with the gas or drag an extension cord around, along with the water hose.
          The gas also came with 5 different tips; the electric just had an adjustable end on the wand.

I prefer the gas.
          What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I do too right now....but I'm intrigued by the aspect of no spills, plus no winterizing and oil changes.....
            I hear that!

Mine sat in my storage unit for almost a year ... with gas in it.
            I spent at least 3 hours farting with the carb, took it off no less than 4 times, and it still wouldn't run right.
            I ended up buying a replacement carb, on Amazon, for like $12.
            Runs like a champ now!

What are these oil changes that you speak of?

Comment

I had the same debate with myself a couple years ago. I ended up buying this unit by Greenworks -

I only use it once every couple of months or so and it has performed great. It is not a unit designed to run all day every day but it has served my purposes very well.

Comment

Don’t buy a dewalt. I borrowed Curtintex pressure washer and it locked up after about an hour. *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you use it once or twice a year....go electric

If you use it monthly go gas

Comment

I just cannot get past the Water and Electricity part of it. I know GFI.. and what ever but I will stick with Gas. Run it out of gas each use and keep oil. When It dies roll it to the curb and buy another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
                      https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1-...4122/203800590

I've used it to clean the sidewalks, old deck wood and the inside of my Pitmaker Smoker. So far, so good.
                      Wife bought me this one for father's day last year. Already in the garbage. Friend had same one, and his crapped out too. Many others on here claim you don't need higher pressure, but my back porch and deck is about 800 sq ft, 1/2 concrete, half wood deck, and I can do it twice as fast with the 3200 psi gas machine that i have now. Of course, 3200 is almost double the 1700 so that makes sense; while the 1700 cleaned just as well, the path was much smaller, hence taking twice as long as the bigger machine. I work a lot of hours at my job, I sure don't like spending most of my day off behind a slow pressure washer.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                        I just cannot get past the Water and Electricity part of it. I know GFI.. and what ever but I will stick with Gas. Run it out of gas each use and keep oil. When It dies roll it to the curb and buy another one.
                        Ever take a hot shower?

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                          I have this one. https://www.snowjoe.com/products/sun...0-ft-hose-reel

It got good reviews on Amazon, and in the 6 months I’ve owned it, I’ve been very happy.

It does a good job cleaning truck, quads, tractor and driveway.

I haven’t wanted for a higher pressure or volume unit.

The only downer, is that the hoses are proprietary, but since adding another 25’ hose, I’m good to go. They are reasonably priced, and readily available, so not really a big issue.

Off the shelf tips fit it. I have a turbo tip, and a foam cannon that I use often.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                          What hose did you buy?

Comment

These two look awesome

The Karcher K2000 - 2000 PSI (Electric - Cold Water) Pressure Washer w/ Hose Reel & Turbo Nozzle K2000 has been discontinued. Check out Expert's recommended alternatives for another top electric cold water pressure washer.

Buy AR AR2N1 Direct. Free Shipping. Check the AR Blue Clean 2050 PSI (Electric - Cold Water) Pressure Washer ratings before checking out.
                            Last edited by blntrey3; 10-26-2017, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              If you use it once or twice a year....go electric

If you use it monthly go gas

I'm somewhere in between those..

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                                Don’t buy a dewalt. I borrowed Curtintex pressure washer and it locked up after about an hour. *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I'll counter this. I have a DeWalt 3,400 unit and it's been great. Uses Honda GX motor (really good motor).

With proper maintenance they'll run a long time. Problem is people just put them up for months on end without maintaining and things corrode and clog up. Not saying that's what happened to the one you borrowed, but I have nothing but good things to say about the DeWalt I own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X