2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    I hate to say it but I'm not even going to waste my money. I've got enough places to hunt as it is (not a bad problem to have so I'm not complaining). I just hope they fix this whole thing (whatever that entails) before too many more years go by.
    Thanks, now if you could talk a few thousand of your buddies into the same I'd be doing some good....

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
      Alot have had success, Including myself but not with consistency
      If you apply for a lot of categories, is it reasonable to expect 1 hunt per year? Or maybe every few years?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
        Thanks, now if you could talk a few thousand of your buddies into the same I'd be doing some good....
        Well I know 4 total people that haven't applied the last 3 years, this will make 4, so I'm doing what I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          Well I know 4 total people that haven't applied the last 3 years, this will make 4, so I'm doing what I can.
          Keep up the good work, and spread the word!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew65 View Post
            If you apply for a lot of categories, is it reasonable to expect 1 hunt per year? Or maybe every few years?
            I apply for every category, I think it took me 3-4 years to get drawn the first time. Some people get drawn first time some have over 10 years with no luck I'm definitely no expert but I think every 3-4 years would be average

Comment

I've been drawn for chap with no preference points and for gators with no preference points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                The Hitler draw hunt video is very funny!
                You're right. That is some funny stuff right there.

Comment

All righty. Donated to the cause. 8 deer archery and one private. Good luck to all

Comment

I wish they would allow you to just purchase the preference point for each category for that year (maybe raise the price $2-3 also). That would really cut down on the number of applicants in the draw pool and lessen the chance of no shows.

Also, why are almost none of the hunts I want on the weekends. Its not easy for a lot of people to take off a week of work for a chance to shoot a little 80lb state park deer

Comment

Youth hunts are on the weekends so the kids don't have to miss school, and they don't like having to pay the park rangers overtime to work every weekend all fall/winter, I imagine.

Comment

It doesn't have to be a state park, but I mean there are WMA's have people checking in duck hunters every weekend. I'm just saying it would be nice to overlap the weekend since there are only a handful of hunts a year.

Comment

Can someone explain to me the benefits or reasons to or not to apply as a group? I'd like to get drawn with my buddies so we could go together but does it decrease your odds of getting drawn applying that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                            Can someone explain to me the benefits or reasons to or not to apply as a group? I'd like to get drawn with my buddies so we could go together but does it decrease your odds of getting drawn applying that way?
                            Not sure about the odds, but I believe you cannot be on more than one app. So if you list your buddy under a hunt category, he cannot apply for the same hunt as a solo. I know someone who was kicked out of the pool for doing that on an alligator hunt. Tried double dipping and they got a call from TPWD

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
                              Also, why are almost none of the hunts I want on the weekends. Its not easy for a lot of people to take off a week of work for a chance to shoot a little 80lb state park deer
                              Just about every hunt has always been during the week, except for the youth hunts.
                              This is what gets me. People put in for hunts already knowing they wouldn't be able to make if drawn. Guess that's the reason for the 2nd drawing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
                                It doesn't have to be a state park, but I mean there are WMA's have people checking in duck hunters every weekend. I'm just saying it would be nice to overlap the weekend since there are only a handful of hunts a year.
                                I don't disagree with you at all. I was just stating the reasons that the hunts are during the week. I'd much prefer to have them include weekends too.

Comment

Working...
                                X