No announcement yet.

Boy Scouts will allow girls to join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a scout leader also. At our sign up earlier this year I was approached by a parent wanting to get her daughter in out pack. I told her that was not possible and later talked to a council 10 admin about it. I was told it was well in the works for the organization to be CO-ED. After hearing that, this is my son's and my last year in the organization.

Comment

Wake up AMERICA and stop the foolishness. Boy scouts are for boys. Girl scouts are for girls.

Comment

They already accept them in BSA Venturing. We had a couple of girls in our Explorer post in the 70's.

While it's not new to BSA to include females, I don't think leadership of a troop like the one my son was in is prepared for this. Our scoutmaster was specific about no female adults on campouts or summer camp. We saw what happened with troops that had men and women leaders at summer camp and it caused all sort of problems. Compound that with little girls, and I wouldn't want to be in leadership of a troop.

Just my .02 as someone who grew up in the scouting program and was an Asst Scoutmaster for a large Boy Scout troop.

Comment

Strange....I could have sworn that's what the Girl Scouts was for.

Comment

Sad, but not surprising.

*insert pitch a tent joke here*

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
              Sad, but not surprising.

*insert pitch a tent joke here*
              Post 12

Comment

this is why i quit supporting them a few years ago,i never liked the popcorn but was a willing contributor of cash and a hand shake as i was involved cub scouts and boy scouts, its a shame what they have been forced to become,

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Those boys should have no problem pitching a tent at camp outs
                  I see what you did there.

Comment

The news article I read made it seem like each troop can make its own choice. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Completely the results of 8 years of democratic rule..
                      Welcome to Obamas world..

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        The news article I read made it seem like each troop can make its own choice. Can anyone confirm?
                        Probably like they did when they accepted gay teens, but it doesn't stop groups from suing those troops.

Comment

The year 2020 it will
                          "The Scouts of America" all welcome boys, girls and those who are just not sure.

Comment

The Boy Scouts are NOT what they use to be and exactly why my son is NOT a Boy Scout.. Got him in the Boys/Young Men group at our Church.

Boy Scouts LOST my support when they started being POLITICALLY CORRECT and changed...

Comment

We as Americans are being wussified

Comment

When can we play Cowboys and Liberals. I am sick and tired of this SH1++

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X