Processors---location and Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apkleinschmidt View Post
    Do you happen to know his summer sausage and dried sausage pricing?

Any discount for deboned?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    I can't answer that. But give him a call.

979 2 five five O 8 seven nine

Comment

Very happy with Wallace processing in Winnsboro. Copperhead recommend them...got a ton of meat back.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
        I am taking my deer to Kovosovics in rosenberg again for summer sausage. I am also going to take some to Bellville meat market for some of the dirty rice sausage
        I'm looking for a place close to Needville, is the Rosenberg place any good

Comment

Buesing processing. In Westhoff tx. Great sausage and summer sausage

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            Penshorns in Marion makes the best venison sausage Ive evrr tasted

They do but I tried to take a couple deer in last year and they wouldn’t take them. The guy said they were at capacity. Pretty disappointing to drive all that way

Went to granzins instead and had
            Sausage made. I think penshorns is a little better but I’m too much of a grudge holder to go back. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buesing processing in westhoff, Texas

Comment

CCR is by far my favorite place to have a deer done. Jap and cheese summer sausage and links are amazing. The chipotle Monterey Jack cheese links are my favorite. Taco meat is outstanding. Burger with bacon grind is great for chili and so is there burger with brisket. The Texas twisters are one of my favorites on toast with a runny egg on top. You will pay more at CCR but there quality is above anyone else I have ever used! With that being said I do want to take a deer to Fischer’s as well this year and try them out also. Hunters Choice in Sanger used to be owned by my buddies Dad and they are pretty solid and consistent. Pickled sausage and jap and cheese summer sausage are great here and I highly recommend their meatballs as they are the best I’ve ever had. Not sure if it’s still the same since Brett passed away but for convenience I will bring deer here for these particular items. Also their strip jerky is top notch!

Comment

Originally posted by happy bowhunter View Post
                  I have been using Griffiths in Burnet for a lot of years,i little higher than some,but best I have used
                  X2. Take all my animals there to be preocessed does a great job. Best I've used hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald View Post
                    I'm looking for a place close to Needville, is the Rosenberg place any good
                    If you want link sausage or seasoned deer burger, take it to Cernochs in Rosenberg. Get the triple cheese link sausage (60/40) add jalapenos if you want. I only take my sausage there, its one of the best in the state ( I know people say that a lot but I've converted a lot of people). Only downside is they don't vacuum pack buts its so good I don't care. Small operation which I like. I like JR's in wharton for my survival sticks. I got an axis back from praseck's, just steaks and burgers though. Both are good but anyone can do that. Dropped a couple whitetail off the other day for sticks and pan sausage so we'll see in a couple weeks how that turns out from them.
                    Last edited by Mossback; 10-31-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Anybody used Arnold’s in Hempstead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Belville Meat Market

Comment

Blue Bonnet in Trenton does great work and is reasonably priced. Jap and cheese sausage is fantastic! We also used a place in Rockwall that was just ok. They did not label any of the packages and the summer sausage was not any where near as good as Blue Bonnet's.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            We use cow creek in boerne they're a local favorite
                            Klein's has hit and miss customer service and I personally think the owner is a jerk
                            Hudson's uses Klein's to process some of their products. We tried Hudson's one year. I think their products are good, but then I found out they commingle meat - so it's doubtful you get your deer back. Also, their receiving area for wild game (in the back) doesn't smell too good. Compare and contrast that with Smokey Denmark's - very efficient, ultra clean receiving area, and they don't commingle meats - the game you drop off is the game used in the finished product you pick up. Actually, I think Hudson's products actually taste better, but all is irrelevant now as Smokey Denmark no longer processes wild game due to high staff turnover. Dang shame, now we are searching for a good processor in the Austin area.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                              I like B&k in bronte. His fajita pre marinade is great.
                              I JUST put up a post on the Robert Lee FB page recently asking who the locals would recommend? Several on our lease got burned last year from the local RL processor! We lost deposits, NO meat and 2 never got their meat or Racks back OR their $$ desposits!

Won't go into detail, but it was something else! I even went to the Sheriff's Office to learn if they had any idea what was going on?? Not satisfied with the response I got....guess my "still" ex-LEO idea of what's right and legal was not satisfied with the answer I got.

From the responses on FB from the locals, B&K is who we will use this year.

Comment

Bernhards in Kerrville. Used them for 10+ years. Made a good smoke link. Pricing was higher than most. It was convenient at the time. Started to lose some backstrap and tenders over time. Wait times got to be weeks.

Learned to take backstrap and tenders at arrival!

Wilson Processing in La Vernia - south of town. Good pricing. I tried all their stuff, wasn't a fan of any of it. Had a good deal going, they would just do all the cutting and grinding for me and place in a large sack. I would mix and measure/package on my own. Never paid over $50 for that service. Always had my stuff done this way in a few days if not next day.

Bar S in Floresville on 97. Made a decent smoke link. Wasn't a fan of much else. Always had fair pricing and quick turnaround. Mostly just had them do burger. For the parts you can't eat, I had them do a shoulder mount many years ago. Still holding up and looking great. 15+ years.

Comment

Working...
                                X