No announcement yet.

Hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope everything works out gor those involved. Im in arlington, but dont mind taking iff work to help out. Just pm me.

Comment

Rain Frogs are begging for mercy, it's kind of errory.

Comment

Many prayers coming from Michigan. Called my buddy yesterday to see how things were going and he said they were Ok as they are in the Hill Country north of San Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Needless to say, it is going to a loooooong 120 hours!
          Remember that time I said it was going to be a loooooong 120 hours... well I wasn't lyin. Still dry, but just about everybody is testing the limits of what the terrain, flood control, and clouds have throw at us. Spent a lot of time on Google earth scoping out where places are flooded, and where we are in relationship to our drainage... needless to say, I wish I were a bit higher if or when things back up this far. It is a fragile situation and any expectations based on the past are out the window. I heard of a neighborhood nearby that got flooded and I am dumbfounded by it.

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
          Rain Frogs are begging for mercy, it's kind of errory.
          I have been periodically checking the drains on our streets, the ditches, and the retention ponds. Last night, the street light was out and just before I opened the door I had a frog just going at it, singing at the rain from our porch.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks to those TBHers on here that PMed or texted me during the storm making sure we were alright. It was a miserable 5 days for sure. Spent a lot of time texting friends and fellow TBHers (also friends!) all around the area checking up on them... making sure they were okay. Of course it is a helpless feeling knowing that even if they weren't, I'd still be blocked from getting to them... while people would be blocked getting to me.

We did have major flooding around us. A subdivision behind us that I walk through sometimes, flooded out. I didn't hear about it until yesterday. Where our drainwater runs into a major creek flooded out businesses and homes (including where I work.) We have very well planned out contingency, so we are still getting work done.

We did have some sporadic minor street flooding in front of my house that lasted several minutes during some heavy spots. I would periodically check our neighborhood's drainage and every time I would walk over the bridge over the major gulley, I'd have mixed emotions. I was happy that the flood control engineers overdesigned our drainage... but I knew the water I was watching was on its way to flood out somebody else.

Folks like a couple families that go to our church, who we are now gathering up clothes for. My wife had bought me some new packages of underwear and socks during tax free weekend that I hadn't got around to opening... and I am grateful for my laziness because somebody else desperately needs those right now.

Sorry for the ramble.... but just wanted to share and let ya'll know that your thoughts and prayers during a pretty anxious time were very much appreciated. BTW, no matter how well prepared you are, which my family certainly was... it is the waiting and riding it out that sucks. So thanks for those who rode along with us from afar.

Edit: Also, I have not heard from any TBHer that I have been in contact that has had any property damage at this point. Some have had way closer calls that us though. Please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers as well. Obviously it goes without saying that thousands upon thousands have been impacted down here.
              Last edited by SwampRabbit; 08-30-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Yep! Continue the prayers daily for all the folks down there!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                X