No announcement yet.

Need help with the new hoyt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam is still leaning and rubbing buss cable.... Sending it back to Hoyt tomorrow and definitely won't have it for opening day. This bow cost too much to deal with issues like this. Anyone ever tried to get their money back on a bow, is there a return policy?!

Also having our second baby's gender reveal party on opening day which involves me shooting a paint filled balloon with my bow... Wife is not happy!

Comment

Well I got my bow back... Hoyt replaced the riser because it had a crack and said they fixed the cam lean... I put about 40 shots through it and the serving is starting to come off again... It's a little different this time I think. There are no rub marks on the cam so I dont think it's making contact anymore, I'm thinking it's the module... There is a VERY slight gap between the module and cam and the wear marks on the serving looks like a vertical cut as if the inside "lip" of the module is cutting into the cable serving... Any help is appreciated

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Dang man that's no good. At this point I'd just try to get my money back or else get a new bow if they'll do it.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking...

Comment

Seems like you got a lemon. Send it back to Hoyt. They should make it right by getting you a new bow

Comment

Holy cow dude, that is no bueno. did the same dealer set up the bow when it came back from Hoyt? if so, that might be your culprit.

Comment

in your first pic. U should take a photo more to the left, of the cam track where the damages cable is actually making contact. Check that spot for a bur or nick.

Comment

Yes same dealer... The thing is he put the 29" mods back on to send it to Hoyt and they tuned it and shot it over 50 times with no problems they said...when he got it back he put the 30's back on and it happened again.... I've rubbed cotton all over it and can't seem to find any kind of bur... Is it possible that the module isn't seated correctly or bent/warped in some way?

Comment

I don't think the load up will cause damage in that few of shots. Looks like the string is rubbed leading up to the bad place. I think the damage occurs after the cam uncoils. I think your problem might be the edge of the cam slicing the string after it uncoils. If that's happening, then it's a limb problem (weak limb/excessive cam lean)... easy to fix by swapping limbs around.

Comment

Sorry about the crappy pic, but the yellow is where your string is rubbing. You can spray the cam area with foot powder to verify.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Measured out the damaged area and take up through the module. As the cam uncoils, the cut area of the string comes across the cam in exactly this point. I'm fairly certain this is what's happening to your string.

Best guess is a weak limb slapping the cam over into the buss cable.

Comment

Here's another way to verify:

You can also put lipstick on the outside edge of the cam identified by yellow and find the lipstick in the cut area of your string after you shoot.

Comment

Thanks,,, if it ever stops raining I'm gonna try the lipstick

Comment

Dang thats upsetting I would call this a lemon and replace it.

Comment

Working...
                                X