No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf does not need him $$$ wise. Golf is doing great without him. There are so many good young talented players on tour now that he will not be missed at all. The $$s will still be there whether he ever plays again or not. #10 on the money list as of right now (early in the season, not even to summer yet) has made 1.3 million dollars. Golf is not hurting!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=kembry;12208280]This is spot on. I'm in the golf industry and Tiger was easily the biggest reason for the growth of the sport from the late 90's. I'm not saying that I'm a big fan, but the sport is better off when he's involved. Others will help bridge the gap but it won't be the same without him. I agree that his competitive days are most likely over and it's kind of sad watching someone that undeniably dominated the game for a decade, breakdown in front of us.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is if they both were in their prime at the same time Tiger would whip Jacks butt with any piece of equipment you put in his hand. Love watching the guy play and I couldn't possibly care less that he's a train wreck off the course. God will be the judge of all that mess in due time. I just want to see the guy play.

I will never understand those that actually play golf and hate Tiger. There's a reason every guy on tour respects the guy. Without Tiger the PGA is a shadow of itself and there aren't mini tours. Hell, Arnold Palmer made less money in his entire career than Jordan Spieth has in 2017 alone.

Earl Woods was 100% right when he said his son would forever change the game of golf.

Comment

Would love to see the man come back, be competitive and win the majors' record.

Never count him out. I mean, he won a U.S. Open with, basically, one leg tied behind his back. He is as mentally tough as they come.

Comment

I'd rather hear them talk about Jordan speith and Phil mickleson and the others everyone likes. Never liked tiger just because of his attitude he gets and affects everyone around him and he won't hardly accept the fact that he just straight loses. It's always injury related to the loss. I'd rather watch the guys that make the game fun to watch and have fun doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
            Golf does not need him $$$ wise. Golf is doing great without him. There are so many good young talented players on tour now that he will not be missed at all. The $$s will still be there whether he ever plays again or not. #10 on the money list as of right now (early in the season, not even to summer yet) has made 1.3 million dollars. Golf is not hurting!!!!

Golf is getting crushed. Golfsmith in bankruptcy and Nike out of the equipment business are the latest examples. Tiger is the reason the purses are what they are and without him things will adjust a bit. Sure, they will still make a ton of money but you will likely never see the kind of growth the last 15 years have been again

Comment

I believe golf is more interesting and exciting to watch when Tiger is good and in the mix on Sunday. It sure sounds like it could be really over for good this time. News today was his doctors told him he is not even healthy enough to fly across the country for a press conference for his own charity. I do agree however, that the golf press spends way too much time talking about him.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post

Golf is getting crushed. Golfsmith in bankruptcy and Nike out of the equipment business are the latest examples. Tiger is the reason the purses are what they are and without him things will adjust a bit. Sure, they will still make a ton of money but you will likely never see the kind of growth the last 15 years have been again

Jordan Spieth ring a bell? Spieth and a few up and comers will take the reigns and gold will be just fine with out Tiger.

He was a great pleasure to watch...at one time but its been quite awhile since he made any waves on the course
                Last edited by flywise; 02-15-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  [/B]
                  Jordan Spieth ring a bell? Spieth and a few up am comers will take the reigns and gold will be just fine with out Tiger.

He was a great pleasure to watch...at one time but its been quite awhile since he made any waves on the course
                  You're missing the point. I love Jordan but he doesn't even move the needle with manufacturers and consumers the way Tiger does/did. None of these guys do. No one ever has.

That's not my opinion. Its fact.

Comment

[/B]
                    Jordan Spieth ring a bell? Spieth and a few up and comers will take the reigns and gold will be just fine with out Tiger.

I love Spieth, but he won't ever have the impact Tiger had on the game.

Comment

Golf is a dying sport....they are struggling for anything to keep it afloat.
                      Expect to see many retailers getting out of the business here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                        I love Spieth, but he won't ever have the impact Tiger had on the game.
                        Yes he will
                        Theres no denying Tiger did more than anyone for golf. But Spieth and several others will as well and theres probably someone no one has ever heard of that will as well. Tiger's impact on golf is not in doubt but thinking someone else will not have that same impact is not living in reality.

Comment

Yes he will
                          Theres no denying Tiger did more than anyone for golf. But Spieth and several others will as well and theres probably someone no one has ever heard of that will as well. Tiger's impact on golf is not in doubt but thinking someone else will not have that same impact is not living in reality.
                          Yeah, but in who's lifetime? There were others that had a great impact on golf, but nothing even close to what Tigers run has done.

Comment

Yes he will
                            How is it not reality when Arnie and Jack combined didn't have Tigers impact? Literally no one has. I'm a huge Spieth fan but that's nuts.

Sure, anything "can" happen but to assume it automatically will when it never happened in the history of golf until Tiger came along is crazy.

Comment

Yes he will
                              Exactly. Maybe Nike will go downhill in the golf world, but think about under armour and titleist. I promise they've made a lot of income since speith started. Along with dj Johnson for taylormade and Phil for callaway. One person will not kill the sport no matter how good he once was. Maybe for his sponsors but not the sport as a whole

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                                Exactly. Maybe Nike will go downhill in the golf world, but think about under armour and titleist. I promise they've made a lot of income since speith started. Along with dj Johnson for taylormade and Phil for callaway. One person will not kill the sport no matter how good he once was. Maybe for his sponsors but not the sport as a whole
                                Under Armour isn't in the equipment business and has said they wont be. Even then, their earning are down.

Titleist makes money on their ball and business is down on their equipment.

No one is saying the sport will be killed but it is absolutely not the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X