No announcement yet.

The Texas finger wave...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We still do it! But I am seeing less and less of it also, **** shame people are just not as nighborly anymore.

Comment

I do it, mostly on the two lane roads.

Comment

When in the city you have to be careful waving any fingers but when I am home to Fayette County its just a given to give the finger wave. Everyone, even people who dont like you still give you the finger wave, it just might be turned the other way.

Comment

I give the Left had wave I thought finger waves were sort of rude

I saw my first one a week ago

When a felow doesnt wave back I figure he is from Dallas or Houston- sight seeign here

I have been hear about 20 months and I actually know some folks and the rigs they drive..........

Tink

Comment

I still do it. Been an Okie for almost 18 years and I still find myself sharing the fingers. To me it is more of "Hey, I see you too." instead of talking on the cell phone, putting on make-up ( in Dale's case)or reading the lastest quarterly. I like to know that the person I am passing actually acknowledges that I'm alive.

Now, while traipsing through the Lone Star State, the white, front bumper, license plate acts as a signal to move over and my one finger response is simply a reflection of OU's supremacy.

I try to navigate with my hands at 12 and 8 and the corresponding hand gesture is a sign of respect for my fellow travelers. If you fail to respond, then hell hath mercy on your soul.

Comment

I thought it was an instinctive reflex in Texas?

Comment

I catch myself even doing it downtown... a lot.

Comment

I do it alittle in the city and to almost every vehicle in the country.

Comment

I have always done it. Usually like Jaspro two fingers. Get alot more response on the way to the lease than around the city.

Comment

Ya shoulda seen the looks I got when I was living in Phoenix, AZ.

Comment

A guy from Michigan applied and got a job years ago at my work location. He was an ok guy but definitely not Texan. One day after a trip to West Texas, he asked us about all the people waving at him. His wife told him not to wave back.....they were probably perverts. After a crash course in Texan stuff, I think he was a little better off. Whether or not his wife got it, I don't know.

Comment

I still do it daily... and my wife points it out to me. All the time.

A friend of mine had relatives visiting from California. After a 20 minute ride they told him "You sure do know lots of people. You wave at every one."

Comment

I do it coming and going. When the person in front pulls over to let me pass it's very important to wave thank you, but do it with a full hand not a finger, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by holdem View Post
                              I do it coming and going. When the person in front pulls over to let me pass it's very important to wave thank you, but do it with a full hand not a finger, I think.
                              When someone pulls over to let me pass I give them a wave and also the double tap "thank you" with the brakelights.

Comment

Drives my wife crazy, and I don't even realize I'm doing it 90% of the time. But there are those other times......The accidental wave at the cow or other roadside animal, always hope the wife is asleep, because I know I'm getting some smart*** remark. The need to return a finger wave when you have a cup of coffee/coke/phone in one hand and using a spit cup with the other can create a head spasm wave. The spasm wave is created when you can't do the head knod w/o missing the spit cup, hands are full and might spill with the finger wave. I really get a laugh when I get a spasm wave.

Comment

Working...
                                X