Protein Intake STX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein Intake STX

What are you guys seeing down south as far as protein intake. They havent been tearing it up at the lease in Zavala County but it looked like they were starting to eat more this last trip. I am trying to decide when to go back to check feeders.

I was near Cotulla last weekend and things were starting to dry out some...

Comment

I'll be down at the ranch tomorrow night.. my turn to top off the pro-feeders.. should have some idea then.

Comment

Feed consumption just jumped last week. Cotttonseed and protein increased by about 20% over previous weeks. All the winter forbs about gone now and it is getting dry again. That would be in Dimmit County.

Comment

Mexico is still pretty slow.

Comment

I noticed a lot of the winter stuff going away and everything pretty much browning up last trip. Figured they will start hitting them harder.

Comment

Yeah our ground Forbs are gone but, all the brush just bloomed out

Comment

Webb county. They really started hitting the cottonseed and protein the last 3 weeks. Starting to brown up and the forbs and grasses are gone. We fill up a 800# protein feeder every 3-4 weeks. Cottonseed every 3 weeks. Need some rain bad or we will be back to last years situation.

Comment

I live in Dimmit county. Protein is starting to go quickly as spring forbs are diminishing. Every property is different, but get ready for your feeders to be sucked dry...

Comment

Refugio cty has pick up dramatically in the last few weeks. That is why I like to have it out there when they really dont seem to be using it. Once they need it, it is there ready for them to consume. We did get a big rain a couple of weeks ago so that should green things back up again.

Comment

We are in Zapata Co. and the deer are hitting the protein pretty hard

Comment

Just talked to a guy who is at a ranch about 3 miles from us and he said a lot of the feeders are empty. They really started hitting it hard in the last two weekes. I will have to make a trip next week to top ours off.

Comment

just got back from the ranch near Alice... deer are hitting the protien feeders hard...they were topped off 2 weeks ago and were below a quarter full...even the ones that get less traffic normally were getting action.
                          Surprising since EVERYTHING is green and its grown up a bunch from the rains they got.

Comment

Hitting it hard again, our place is looking like a dust bowl again. We sure could use some rain!

Comment

Hitting it pretty hard the last couple of weeks in Dewitt

Comment

Working...
                              X