No announcement yet.

6.5 Creedmoor DO NOT BUY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. The Grendel, I built is a tack driver and it’s my go to black gun. I’m looking into the .264 MAG but I’m not a caliber hater at all. I think they all have a place and use. . The Grenny has DRT a few critters!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I am sick as hell of hearing about the 6.5 Creedmore....[emoji51]

.260 and .264 mag have been around forever...this is really nothing new.[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      No kidding lol

Now let's see that mile shot!!

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
        The 260 hasn't been around that long and it's another example of remington being a terrible marketing company. The creed targeted the bench rest guys, set records, and worked with Ruger/Savage to offer bench rest accuracy in cheap rifles with factory ammo. It left the 260 in the dust! It's not the 1st time (probably not the last) they've been forward thinking but failed to capitalize on it!
        I have yet to see a creedmoor throw down benchrest accuracy or even close in a factory gun and VERY few customs. You realize most benchrest groups are in the .1s and zeros right?

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
          If I would have bought my 6.5 Creed 1st, I wouldn't own a 6.5x284. My 6.5x284 is only 90 fps faster (120gr bullets), with 10gr more powder, has significantly more recoil and the accuracy is about the same between my 2 rifles. I'm sure the 284 will widen the gap with heavier bullets but the recoil will increase as well.
          That hilarious. My 6.5-284 was running a 140 grain Berger at 3050. I'd like to see a creedmoor get even close to that lol. Recoil is nothing.

I'll buy or build a CM eventually. Probably a 6CM for my girls. Easy to find ammo and good ammo at that. This caliber catches heck because folks claim it is something that it is not. My 7 mag will absolutely run circles around it. A cheetah will run circles around my 7. Etc. Just call it what it is and it's all good lol. It's a good caliber. Good options. But it's not some game changer. It's excellent marketing in a time where lots of folks like long range. There's far better. And there's far worse. I'd sure like to have a gas gun like the OPs though Chambers's in it. Very nice group at 430. Good shooting. Now fix that wind call

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            That hilarious. My 6.5-284 was running a 140 grain Berger at 3050. I'd like to see a creedmoor get even close to that lol. Recoil is nothing.

I'll buy or build a CM eventually. Probably a 6CM for my girls. Easy to find ammo and good ammo at that. This caliber catches heck because folks claim it is something that it is not. My 7 mag will absolutely run circles around it. A cheetah will run circles around my 7. Etc. Just call it what it is and it's all good lol. It's a good caliber. Good options. But it's not some game changer. It's excellent marketing in a time where lots of folks like long range. There's far better. And there's far worse. I'd sure like to have a gas gun like the OPs though Chambers's in it. Very nice group at 430. Good shooting. Now fix that wind call

I think like you said its great for what it does. Easy to find ammo .5" groups from academy bought ammo as 260 is hard to find and Remington wouldnt back a round if they sold a billion of them. It is a great round for someone getting into accuracy shooting and long range and also the handloader as everything is easy to find. Also can do everything from varmints to upwards of elk with the right bullet choice and range.

Its another in between round with great ballistics but i think its here to stay and get used a ton as the 6.5x55 has been used over seas forever with great luck and we are just catching up.

Comment

Laughing, I built a 6.5-308 the year before Remington SAAMI the 6.5-308 A-Square.

Had many 260s, Swedes, a Creed, and a 47 Lapua. All shot well, had BUGHOLE 260s, but to discount the accuracy and affordable accurate ammo for those not handloading or choosing to run a few boxes of factory ammo, the Creed is the one to beat. Much Swede ammo is downloaded, and much 260 ammo is junk and higher priced. 47 ammo is a FANTASTIC round but very expensive. I run a 47 now, and plan to get another CM.

For those who handload, and have kids that your guns will pass on to someday, if they do not handload, they will be glad if your guns are in chamberings that ammo is easy and cheap to find, accurate and deadly. Just my .02

Good hunting, be safe, and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Comment

Working...
              X