• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
      Now thats nice... you should take orders

Thanks
      I went a little overboard and over budget. I haven't totaled it all up yet but I know I am over I just don't know how much. For what it would cost to build another one and for me to make it worth my time I doubt anyone would want one LOL

But if somebody really wanted one I would do it. If there was another one to build I do some things different to make it better. I know where ever little mistake is and would not repeat them again.
      Last edited by Jerry H; 06-18-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
        Thanks
        I went a little overboard and over budget. I haven't totaled it all up yet but I know I am over I just don't know how much. For what it would cost to build another one and for me to make it worth my time I doubt anyone would want one LOL

But if somebody really wanted one I would do it. If there was another one to build I do some things different to make it better. I know where ever little mistake is and would not repeat them again.
        That's how you keep customers. I'm tryin to figure a way to shoot a bow from one....

Comment

That is an awesome looking stand! I'll be borrowing a few ideas from your build. Thanks for sharing the process with us.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
            That's how you keep customers. I'm tryin to figure a way to shoot a bow from one....

Deer View windows has windows the are vertical openings that are hinged and swing open so you can shoot a bow. I could have put one in this but I built this strictly for gun hunting. I have a bow stand that is 30 yards from my feeder. This blind is going on top of ridge about 150 yards from my feeder.
            I plan on hunting both of them. I hunt in the panhandle and there are some mornings up there that the temp is single digits. By the time I get enough clothes on to stay warm I look like a camo version of the Michelin Man there is no way I can draw my bow. This stand will have a heater and I can sit there all warm and comfy drinking coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              That is an awesome looking stand! I'll be borrowing a few ideas from your build. Thanks for sharing the process with us.

Go for it ------ these are not all my ideas I borrowed from others too.

Comment

Looks great Jerry

Comment

That is a sweet build.

Comment

Verry nice looking

Comment

This update has been a long time coming. I lost my internet access just before I moved my stand to the lease back in June and just now have had time to get the new company out to hook up their service. Here are the pictures of the stand in it’s new home. Before I moved it I built flip up window covers to protect the Deer view windows from being broken by hail. Up where my lease is, Owls have a habit of moving into a deer stand if the windows get broken. I put too much work in this to have it turn in to a hangout for Owls.

This is the view from where my feeder is located.

Steps I built to get into the stand I could not build them ahead of time I had to wait until I had the stand where is was going and leveled out.

When I got to the lease I discovered the hogs had tore up my feed so I had to build a new feeder.

New feeder, the rope coiled up on the leg was just so I could tip it over at the house by myself.

Comment

Looks great.

Brian

Comment

Is that a milk crate for the varmint cage?

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                            Is that a milk crate for the varmint cage?
                            LOL no it's not a milk crate and had never thought of it, but after you said it it does look like it.

That's another one of my homemade projects. It's actually made out of 1" angle iron and expanded metal. I can let the feeder down all the way to the ground and that cage will support the weight of the feeder and 300 lbs. of corn.

Comment

Nice set up...

Comment

Very nice builds

Comment

Working...
                                X