Is this worth it? Lease amount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this worth it? Lease amount

Found a place on the Lampasas river, only 40 acres, and only real hunting spots looks to be along the river. Coastal field all above the river, so pretty wide open. Deer, hogs, and maybe occasional turkey. Year round access, so fishing in the summer. No place to stay overnight, but not an issue as I live just 10 minutes away. I'm sure there will be deer, probably no big deer. Neighbor to the right has a food plot and a big rifle/tower stand on his property, neighbor on the left I don't think hunts. Landowner wants $600, and thinking of hunting 2 guys, bows mainly, maybe a rifle set up for the kids somewhere? Other guy coaches, so he wont be there much till the holidays.
    This is near the Killeen/Maxdale area. Not sure if the price is right or maybe a tad too high?
    Attached Files

Would like to see more of the surrounding terrain before I could add any input.

Skinny

Comment

Seems pretty reasonable to me especially with year-round access.

Have you walked the property at all? May just surprise you to find out what's hanging around!

Comment

I'd say yes.

Comment

Defintely overhunting that property. $600 a piece or total>

Comment

For year round access and river access, I would say yes. I would look at it as more of an overall entertainment lease and not hunting lease.

Comment

It is close to you. That's worth a lot. You can get more out of it when it is closer, thereby increasing the value it gives you.

My gut says it's not a bad deal. I'd entertain it if I were you.

Comment

it is a place to take your kids hunting 10 minutes from the house for $600/yr - it is worth a shot at least. River looks shallow so find a shallow crossing spot and put up a feeder with a ladder stand in a big tree down by the river. Perfect place to get some hunting in with your kids on the quick when the opportunity arises. I would not involve another party in a place that small if you can afford the $600 by yourself

Comment

Should be a decent Turkey spot if nothing else.

Comment

For a place that close to the house to hang out with my kid with year round access would be worth it to me.

Comment

I'd pay $600 for the whole place to myself if I were in your shoes.

-Year round access
                      -10 min drive
                      -decent opportunity to take a deer
                      -family friendly

All make it worth it if you can take the whole property. I would however be concerned about sharing the property as that's a small tract of land and could easily be over hunted and not worth it

Comment

Id say that is only enough room for 1 hunter and yes, fishing and hunting for $600 is great price.

Comment

Ya, gonna try to go walk it this evening and do some looking. If I had a tractor and shredder I could make it real nice with a decent food plot. Right now the coastal field is about 5 ft tall, and he has no plans of cutting it. It's $600 total whether one or two people hunt it. I might try to get him down to $500. I would keep it just me and my kids then.

Comment

Animals follow water! I would jump all over it.

Comment

Id jump on it

Comment

Working...
                              X