PSA - IPhone Find my phone feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    On a whim, I tried the app just now,(I've had it but never used it) and evidently my phone is somewhere in the back yard between my house and my shop. Y'all must be using a different app than I am. No bells or whistles sounded either.

After delving a little deeper I found out how to activate the bells and whistles, but me and the ipad and the phone are still laying out in the yard. Hot out here too !

It's more accurate in some areas than others. Sometimes spot on sometimes off by 1/2 mile depending on number of towers in area I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      It's more accurate in some areas than others. Sometimes spot on sometimes off by 1/2 mile depending on number of towers in area I guess.
      never experienced that - mine has been dead on each time

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
        Took me right to the car of the person who stole mine! It is a great feature to activate.
        My daughter tracked her Aunt's phone right to a trailer house near where it "disappeared". The officer knocked on the door and after a little discussion, the guy decided his kid must have grabbed it by mistake. But, they got the phone back!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          I've only ever lost mine once, and knew I had missed my pocket and it was caught by my jacket. Went back to where I took my jacket off and there it was. I carry mine in my shirt pocket and am pretty aware of where it is all the time.

All joking aside, I do believe it's a useful feature, if nothing else the ability to make it useless for an unauthorized user is well worth having.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
            My daughter tracked her Aunt's phone right to a trailer house near where it "disappeared". The officer knocked on the door and after a little discussion, the guy decided his kid must have grabbed it by mistake. But, they got the phone back!
            The girl who stole mine worked with me when I was in San Antonio. She denied stealing it...even though it was tracked to her car. (It was there so she could go home and try to figure out who it belonged to ) She was given the option of resigning, or being charged with theft. She said she would not resign and would get an attorney and cussed her way out of the office.

We never heard from her again!

Some people are just plain crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
              The girl who stole mine worked with me when I was in San Antonio. She denied stealing it...even though it was tracked to her car. (It was there so she could go home and try to figure out who it belonged to ) She was given the option of resigning, or being charged with theft. She said she would not resign and would get an attorney and cussed her way out of the office.

We never heard from her again!

Some people are just plain crazy!
              That's what I call, "addition by subtraction"

Comment

Great feature for sure but if you lose your phone, as my wife did, in an area with no signal then you are SOL...

Comment

Works great for keeping up with teenagers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                    Wife and I were in Vegas - she left her phone in the airport bathroom by mistake and we discovered it was missing when we got home. I looked on my " Find my phone" app and it showed exactly where it was sitting in the airport restroom.

I triggered a feature that locks and shuts the phone off and has a message across on the phone that says "if you find this phone please call this number" - it was my cell number.

I then triggered a loud alarm that goes off on her phone. I did it several times and next thing I know a lady is calling me from lost and found at southwest airlines in the Vegas airport. She said she heard a noise in their lost and found storage area and it told her to call my number which she did.

They over nighted the phone to our house. I found out her name and mailed a $50 "thank you" check to her - her supervisor returned the check and said they are not allowed to accept a payment - but he promised me that he would make sure she received a "bonus"

Talk about a lifesaver and a great feature to have on your phone.
                    That's great and I am glad you got your phone back. Kind of crazy how good technology is these days.

However, doesn't it creep you out a bit to know you are tracked anywhere you go, at all times, as shown by the find my phone app?

Comment

Working...
                    X