No announcement yet.

Meeting a murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than working in prisons for the last 20+ years....a few.

My great uncle spent time in the '70s at TDC for manslaughter for killing a guy in a bar fight with a knife.

When I was about 14, I woke up one morning during summer break and fixed me some breakfast(PB&J). I went outside to just sit on the front porch and there were police cars all around my next door neighbors yard and driveway. Well come to find out, my neighbor had come home and his wife of a long time was packing her stuff to leave him. He shot her with 00 buckshot and then killed himself with the same. This guy raised rabbits and my brother and I had taken care of them when they would go out of town.... several times.

Not funny but my mom still tells the story of me calling her at work and telling her about it all while eating a sandwich.

Comment

I was friends with a kid in jr.high..His older brother,and best friend killed a Red Oak cop about a 1/2 mile from my house.He was sent undercover to Midlothian high school to find out who was peddling drugs around town.Two other people were there the night they set him up,and killed him.
      Every kid in high school was convinced that Raffield was a cop,from day 1.Very poorly planned operation from the start.Something else that always made me scratch my head..The shooter's dad was a Dallas cop..I think all of them are out of jail now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
        I was friends with a kid in jr.high..His older brother,and best friend killed a Red Oak cop about a 1/2 mile from my house.He was sent undercover to Midlothian high school to find out who was peddling drugs around town.Two other people were there the night they set him up,and killed him.
        Every kid in high school was convinced that Raffield was a cop,from day 1.Very poorly planned operation from the start.Something else that always made me scratch my head..The shooter's dad was a Dallas cop..I think all of them are out of jail now.

I saw a show on the ID Channel about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          The morning after it happened I heard horses walking down our slag driveway.It was a Texas Ranger.He asked if I'd seen or heard anything strange that night..I walked to the end of our driveway,and to this day I've never seen that many l.e.vehicles.
          My older brother actually beat the snot out of the shooter the week before all of this went down.
          He was a little different,but dang sure didn't seem like the type that would kill someone.Especially a cop.Smh..

Comment

Several of my friends and my wife know this pyscho. Cons brother into killing the parents last year. New charges yesterday cause she was banging said brother (adopted but still....)

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              I saw the episode as well. That was a bad deal for the police officer.

Comment

As a producer for Americas Most Wanted for 18 years, I'd say I met my share of the worst of mankind you can imagine. Funny thing is almost everyone were tough as nails and could spit cobra venom but the second those handcuffs clicked on them, they became like little lambs. I could tell you many many crazy stories. And recently with Dateline covered some recent bad dudes and dudettes.

Comment

Started with TDC way back in 1981. Worked 20 years for them and had a bunch work for me. Some of them well known as far as murderers go.

Comment

Three actually.

A guy a grade below me in high school beat his girlfriends dad to death in his own living room. He served about 8 years and is out now. This guy is a POS.

A guy a grade above me in high school shot his girlfriend. Don't really know what happened with that one. He said it was accidental.

My wife's friend in college had a boyfriend that was a great guy but had a short fuse. There wasn't a single time we went out as couples that we didn't get into a physical fight or argument with somebody. He is an ex marine and would wake up screaming most nights in a cold sweat from what my wife's friend told us. While he was serving overseas his girlfriend did a year at Blinn College and when he got back she finished up at A&MCC(where my wife went). After college they moved back to RGV. Apparently they were at a party with old acquaintances and somebody brought up that his girlfriend had cheated on him at Blinn with another guy who was at that party. There was a scuffle and as they held back the boyfriend they told the other guy to leave. He ended up taking too long and when they released the boyfriend he ran to his truck, got his gun and unloaded it through the front windshield of the other guys car. I believe he got around 40 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thread got me thinking about the "Anyone ever picked up a hitchhiker?" thread from 2015. Not sure how to quote the post, but Post 65 by Waterdog references an encounter with a couple of notorious serial killers -- Elmer Wayne Henley and Dean Coryll.

Maybe someone with skills can quote it here.

Comment

A buddy and I where leaving the county fair back in our college days. Saw an old female friend and said hi. She introduced us to her new boyfriend, seemed like a shy guy, and we all chatted for about 10 minutes. Long story short evidently after we all went our separate ways they got into an argument at some point that night. He ended up killing her, dumping her body in a dumpster where he worked, and skipping town. There was a large man hunt for him. They ended up catching him about to cross the border in Eagle Pass. Still think about it way to often.

Comment

2 that I know of right off the top of my head

Comment

Twice...

My ex boss in Austin, His daughter and boyfriend killed his roommate cut him up and burned his body back in 1994.

A different co worker killed his wife and her boyfriend when they were caught in the act.

Also pretty sure I met the dude from Waco area that killed a couple girls at a car wash back in 1992 time frame.
                            Last edited by Big Todd; 06-15-2017, 05:16 AM. Reason: change

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              Met a uncles friend at a fundraiser. Couple weeks later the guy found a worker molesting his daughter and killed him with a hammer. He got off but still very weird

I don't blame him. I would do the same & in my book, that ain't murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx625 View Post
                                A buddy and I where leaving the county fair back in our college days. Saw an old female friend and said hi. She introduced us to her new boyfriend, seemed like a shy guy, and we all chatted for about 10 minutes. Long story short evidently after we all went our separate ways they got into an argument at some point that night. He ended up killing her, dumping her body in a dumpster where he worked, and skipping town. There was a large man hunt for him. They ended up catching him about to cross the border in Eagle Pass. Still think about it way to often.
                                Man,that really sucks..I can only imagine he was jealous/****** that y'all were talking to her..Terrible man,I'm sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X