2003 tahoe fuel filter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 tahoe fuel filter help

Got in to go to the store, running rough, got to the end of the driveway and gas all over the driveway. This is what I discovered the fuel line at the fuel filter ( which is on the drivers side rail half way down) sprung a leak. Any suggestions on what or how to get this reconnected just so I can drive to either get parts or to a place if difficult. The white clips should probably be inside the brass.
    Attached Files

I think it just pushes in till it clicks?

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
      I think it just pushes in till it clicks?
      I think the same.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks I will try that.

Comment

Yep, push the line in the filter till it clicks, should not pull out easy, i think there is a special tool you use to remove that filter, clamps over the line and puts pressure to open the internal locking mech

Comment

Did you get it fixed?

Comment

I am working on it tomorrow, trying to fix the kitchen leaky sink right now. When it rains...

Comment

It probably has a broken retainer clip. Go to the parts store and tell them you need a filter and the special tool to compress the clips.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                  It probably has a broken retainer clip. Go to the parts store and tell them you need a filter and the special tool to compress the clips.
                  I will try that. thanks

Comment

It has been a while since i did one but i don't think those plastic clips go in that way, that filter has a flange in line that clicks in with the retainer clips. If you did use the tool to remove and pryed it out that may be the issue

Comment

Working...
                    X