December 7, 1941- A Date Which Will Live In Infamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 7, 1941- A Date Which Will Live In Infamy

God Bless the Greatest Generation that went through this. May All Rest In Peace.
    Last edited by DUKFVR; 12-07-2017, 06:26 AM.

They dont make them like that anymore

Comment

They gave all and look at the mess we have now. Wonder if they would have if they could see the future. Greatest generation for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
        They gave all and look at the mess we have now. Wonder if they would have if they could see the future. Greatest generation for sure.
        I think they would. Because there is still a lot of brave soldiers fighting for this country and I bet they all hope to change the future.

God bless them all.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          God Bless the Greatest Generation that went through this. May All Rest In Peace.
          X2!

Comment

Always a special day or remembrance for me and my family. My grandfather was on board the USS Helena CL-50 that morning. You can see the Helena middle frame, the USS Pennsylvania, BB-38 is in burning the background.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Yes sir! Those young men and women made the ultimate sacrifice. Heck, our entire nation sacrificed it's way of life to defend it from outside aggressors. Please Lord, continue to bless this nation with Patriots.

Comment

The bad part is it is not more recognized. I can remember when I was in school, the whole day was on what today is. Now? Not even a mention most places.

Comment

Not even a blurb on the morning news! Sad for sure. I pray that this Once Great Nation can one day be great again.

Comment

I got to thinking this morning, about this, and the other time we were attacked at such a great loss.
                    In the battle of Pearl Harbor the Japanese brought against us,
                    6 aircraft carriers
                    2 battleships
                    2 heavy cruisers
                    1 light cruiser
                    9 destroyers
                    8 tankers
                    23 fleet submarines
                    5 midget submarines
                    414 aircraft

353 aircraft were used in the battle.
                    2,335 were killed
                    1143 were wounded.

On 9/11 we were attacked by
                    4 passenger planes
                    19 terrorist
                    2,996 killed
                    6,000 injured

Not sure why I was compelled to research that. Just thought the comparison was interesting.

Comment

I remember hearing my parents and their contemporaries recall exactly where they were on 12/7/1941 just like we recall 9/11/2001. I worked with a gentleman who was there - he was 10 years old and his dad was a civilian contractor for the Navy. Every December 7th I would get him to retell the story of how they heard the planes flying over their house in the hills above Pearl that Sunday morning. They stood in the yard and watched the battle from a couple miles away. After dropping their bombs, several Jap planes flew so low over their house he could see the pilots faces - one actually waved at him and his brother. A memory like that will stick with you, I reckon...

Comment

I was surprised my daughter knew what to day was

Comment

One of the most humbling experiences I have ever had was visiting Pearl Harbor. God Bless

Comment

My high school coach/history teacher was at Pearl Harbor. He would tell us stories about the rescue attempts. He said that they spent days trying to rescue people and recovering bodies, the oil slick was so thick that the pores of his skin was black for months. Willis Dunker.

Comment

My mother, aunt and grandmother were there in naval housing. My grand father was at sea at that time. My mother is still alive and remembers the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X